Good Evening ...

Not being able to post often on TE has actually got me thinking on a different place off late . A quiet and humbling dose of listening to all the wonderful users of this forum ,watching the gradual level' ing up of new users to seasoned ones, and old timers to legends , old users popping back in now and then mingling with the newer members . It's all part of the magic. If you know what I'm talking about - I'm pretty sure you've caught on the TE spirit pretty good.

As staff members of this forum, we really get to mingle with leagues of talented ,wickedly amazing personalities , and multi-talented individuals across several avenues on the site . Infact, when i come to think about it ,being part of the TE family has indeed changed my life! I honestly say that from the bottom of my heart. And the journey has been amazing for each one of us.

So lets get to some interesting laws at work here at TE,to substantiate just that.

Users of a forum make the forum.They are the real torch bearers who enlighten the forum with their very presence. Posting requires you to write about something .The more you write ,the more you would have read on the subjects, and the better like replyng to others and contributing else where as well .Which then makes you want to write and share more with the extra recognition and loads of fun and friends as baggage. The more fun your having, the more effortless it seems to continue doing just that, and soon it gets imbibed into you as a habit .In the end ,its these experiences that make what you are .And like Quickfire once told me ,Remember - its not the posts that count ,its making the posts count . 8 )
Surely,there will be times when the posts get repetitive, the rants churn out ,and brief spells of spam karma brew over at the forums . You'll learn how to breeze past them , and still retain the charm by just picking up where some else left. After all as a user base ,we span across diverse geographies ,interests and ages. But a growing one as well . In terms of content, power users and staff as well . And with each passing week ,month and year - the TE spirit will live on . And i think there are other ways that TE allow its users to make the most of our story.

So here's what i propose . Introducing the "Where can TE take you Series" ... I believe TE can change the lives of many more users . MANY more . And we're just getting started. And we need your help.

Every forum is going to have a thread where you can talk about only one thing. Making your hobby, your interests and your passion into a full time career. That's right . The thread on the hardware section will showcase and discuss ways that anyone can pursue a career in that area of interest.

And whats more : we are going to bring in people from the industry , academia and else where to talk about just that . Do you smell interviews ? well maybe that's because your right .

Here's what you can do right away in the Where can TE Take you Series:
  • talk about your role models and thoughts on that area
  • suggest your wishlist of people that you want us to interview ( hey, we can try right ! ;) )
  • post links and resources of people and ways to get it done .
  • give suggestions to your fav user or moderator ,if you want to see make it big in that field
  • any thing else that can make these thread and sections go absolutely ga-ga with related information and resources.

The main exercise behind this effort is to give something for all the younger and newer members of TE to just go ahead with their dreams ,and make a career out of it. Much like how the admins of TE - Safin and QuickFire have been mentoring the proceedings here along with the TE Staff , we're all here to mentor each other,and nothing could serve the purpose of India's premier technology forum any better.

Here's hoping that each one of you get the most out of TE ,and continue to build the commuinty that TechEnclave resonates from the day it began .

Well,I do have a wishlist of people to get interviewed but most of them are on the other side of the world.

As for suggestions,pls could you organise a manhunt for dipdude..I really miss his quality news posts.Also looking at the current situation of TE,I feel it's fine..dun see anything else to improve although I could be wrong.

Excellent idea Bosky,

Well i can narrate how TE has evolved my vision towards technology,

When i first started using internet using cybercafes, primary usage was of contacting friends abroad by way of email and then there was addition of IMs.

After i started my clinic and installed my PC, i needed some advise regarding some computer related trouble (IIRC it was a sound driver related bsod), i logged into thinkdigit forums and got my problem solved. then there was evolution i made friends and also started visiting other forums.

When TE was launched i was already having good cordial relations with many of the staff members and also a handfull of members, so i also joined and started posting contents and also taking knowledge from posts by other person.

TE has helped my understand a lot about technology, i have developed a pretty nice understanding of technology and its implication in my field.

With discussion going on here, i have developed special interest in Computer Security (Viruses and Trojans related) and few others also.

So if a person coming from a not tech field like me can definitely benefit here then i am sure younger people pursuing career in technology will benefit a lot.

My wishlist for Interviews:
Mr. Sam Pitroda (Member, Knowledge Commission of India)
He was the pioneer in fiels of telecomunication revolution in India. He has some great thoughts regarding techology and IT, which can prove definitely usefull to the people here.

medpal said:
He was the pioneer in fiels of telecomunication revolution in India. He has some great thoughts regarding techology and IT, which can prove definitely usefull to the people here.

He's the guy behind the phone booths that appeared, just before mobiles took off ?

Other than phone booths what else he has done ?

blr_p said:
He's the guy behind the phone booths that appeared, just before mobiles took off ?

Other than phone booths what else he has done ?

he has not just pushed the deployment of phone booths (PCO), he was instrumental in pushing the political bigwigs in those times to change the outlook of the telecom policy as a whole.

Till then the phone was luxury, he made it a necessary facility a household required. His work no faster and efficient deployment of network of BSNL in whole country, More telecommunication satellites, Wiping of Waiting lists in phone connections (if you dont know then yes it existed and huge ones at that).

The mobile revolution, and the internet revolution which you and me are enjoying now a days is based on his pioneering work done in late eighties and early ninties.

Had he been incharge now the broadband would have reached each and every corner of the country and the ridiculous capped bandwidth plans would not have existed.

I missed a point in the earlier post infact he is the chairman of the National Knowledge commission of India.

Here are the other members of the commission.

Mr. Sam Pitroda (Chairman)

Dr. Ashok Ganguly
Dr Ganguly is currently the Chairman of ICICI OneSource Limited and ABP Pvt Ltd., and has been a Director on the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India, since November 2000. In addition, he heads his own consulting company, Technology Network India Pvt Ltd.

Professor P. Balaram
Professor P. Balaram (Born: 19th February 1949) is the Professor of Molecular Biophysics and currently the Director of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Prior to this, he was Lecturer (1973-77), Assistant Professor (1977-82), Associate Professor (1982-85), Chairman, Molecular Biophysics Unit (1995-2000) and Chairman, Division of Biological Sciences (2002-05) at the Institute. His main research interests are in bioorganic chemistry and molecular biophysics. He is the author of over 370 research papers. He received his M.Sc. from IIT Kanpur (1969) and Ph.D. in Chemistry from Carnegie-Mellon, Pittsburgh, USA (1972).

Dr. Jayati Ghosh
Dr. Jayati Ghosh is Professor of Economics and currently also Chairperson at the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Her research interests include globalization, international trade and finance, employment patterns in developing countries, macroeconomic policy, and issues related to gender and development.

Dr. Deepak Nayyar
Deepak Nayyar is Professor of Economics at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Earlier he has taught economics at the University of Oxford, the University of Sussex and the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. Until recently, he was Vice Chancellor of the University of Delhi.

Mr. Nandan Nilekani
One of the founders of Infosys Technologies Ltd., Mr. Nandan M. Nilekani is currently its Chief Executive Officer. In the ast he has also been its Managing Director, President and Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Nilekani co-founded India’s National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM)

Ms. Sujatha Ramdorai
Sujatha Ramdorai is Associate Professor at the School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). She graduated from St.Joseph's college in Bangalore and has been with TIFR since 1985. She has held visiting positions in several universities and research institutions around the world.

Back