good gaming laptop deal with at least i5 12 th gen and 3050

My brother had a Dell laptop that worked great for a couple of years but it became very slow so on inspection we found that the hard disc was running at 100% load making the system completely unusable. He tried Microsoft and Dell support as well, also tried several fixes found on the internet but nothing worked so we sold that laptop and purchased Asus tuf which is running great even today.
This issue is common for Dell laptops and we were not alone so I'll rather not take a second chance. Also Asus has been awesome and the current laptop even after 3yrs is going great, ofc battery life has decreased which is justified.

Hello guys

What about this

Take a look at this MSI Bravo 15 Ryzen 5 Hexa Core AMD R5-5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/AMD Radeon RX 5500M/144 Hz) Bravo 15 B5DD-410IN Gaming Laptop on Flipkart

What about this at 47k

Found this in the ongoing Amazon summer sale. Price 1,00,000
Deal of the day: ASUS ROG Strix G15 (2022), AMD Ryzen 7 6800H, 15.6" (39.62 cm) FHD 144Hz, 4GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Graphics, Gaming Laptop (16GB/1TB SSD/Windows 11/Office 2021/Electro Punk/2.1 Kg), G513RC-HN085WS https://amzn.eu/d/jeU0916

and this Price 90,000
Deal of the day: ASUS ROG Strix G17 (2022), 17.3-inch (43.94 cms) FHD 144Hz, AMD Ryzen 7-6800H, RTX 3050 4GB Graphics, Gaming Laptop (16GB/512GB SSD/Windows 11/Green/2.5 Kg), G713RC-HX021W https://amzn.eu/d/0HlVnJ8

Is this a good Laptop, price seems tempting but don't have any experience about gigabyte Laptops

Is this a good Laptop, price seems tempting but don't have any experience about gigabyte Laptops

On paper the laptop seems good and price is great. The panel is similar or if not same to what is being provided with Asus tuf A/F 15 series thats has poor response rate and lot of screen bleeding (this can be due to poor installation of panel,which is common these days)
Weight is decent at 2kg and the four vented cooling will be sufficient for the hardware under the hood.
If you want a desktop replacement, and a laptop to be used while stationed somewhere then its a great choice. But for on-the-go scenario it wont hold as the battery is 54whr. Idle runtime would be 5hr (s0 sleep), and regular usage would net upto 3-4hr at most.
WiFi being Ax201 (according to reviews online), TB4 and MicroSD (with good r/w) are definite plus.
I have seen Gigabyte pushing for new stores, merchandise and partnerships with existing stores in Delhi. So thats also a plus but on the laptop side I can't say if they are reliable just yet.

On paper the laptop seems good and price is great. The panel is similar or if not same to what is being provided with Asus tuf A/F 15 series thats has poor response rate and lot of screen bleeding (this can be due to poor installation of panel,which is common these days)
Weight is decent at 2kg and the four vented cooling will be sufficient for the hardware under the hood.
If you want a desktop replacement, and a laptop to be used while stationed somewhere then its a great choice. But for on-the-go scenario it wont hold as the battery is 54whr. Idle runtime would be 5hr (s0 sleep), and regular usage would net upto 3-4hr at most.
WiFi being Ax201 (according to reviews online), TB4 and MicroSD (with good r/w) are definite plus.
I have seen Gigabyte pushing for new stores, merchandise and partnerships with existing stores in Delhi. So thats also a plus but on the laptop side I can't say if they are reliable just yet.
The laptop will be used only in office with access to electricity all the time, Lots of positives and reviews says its a decent laptop with slight compromises which should be expected given the price @72.5k
I have used Gigabyte motherboards and none of them failed in last 10 years so my personal experience is good but can't say the same for Laptops.
I was talking to brother and we decided to let it go purely because of the fact that if something goes wrong it will be a mess and we don't want to take chances when your job depends on it

The laptop will be used only in office with access to electricity all the time,
Would a small PC be out of the question?

I have heard that keeping a laptop plugged in all the time isnt good for its battery. I have done this with my Asus ROG Strix laptop but it has an option to limit the max charge to 60% or 80% (this is supposed to be better) and after two years, it charges upto 59% when I limit it to 60%. I would check if Gigabyte has a similar feature.

Would a small PC be out of the question?

I have heard that keeping a laptop plugged in all the time isnt good for its battery. I have done this with my Asus ROG Strix laptop but it has an option to limit the max charge to 60% or 80% (this is supposed to be better) and after two years, it charges upto 59% when I limit it to 60%. I would check if Gigabyte has a similar feature.
we already have a BIG desktop (when I say big it means the monitor is 43' Samsung 4k TV hahaha)
Don't know if continuous power is bad for battery health so someone can correct us, what I meant was that a shorter backup is fine when I can charge my laptop whenever needed.
Though your suggestion for MSI Alpha is good, its a decent laptop and I am thinking to go for it (undecided at this point in time)

Ha ha still waiting... Caught up with life... If I find good deal.. i will buy or else will wait till big billion day sale...

Flipkart is a pricing scam site... Outside they show a price.. when you click on the product the price is different... This is how indian companies work.. total scamsters

What is that

Also I am looking for a gaming laptop with at least i5 12 gen and 3050 or anything equivalent

Please suggest
Does Any body have experience with acer one... One laptop has excellent upgradability like additional nvme ssd but i am unaware of its practical use issues if any... Like keys hinges etc...

I am currently hunting for a good laptop came across this Vivobook Pro 15 OLED seems decent for its specs...
I've physically checked few models in store and my final take is to avoid due to very simple reasons.

1. Screen is not mat finish so you will see your reflection most of the times which is irritating.
2. The screens is sharp but if you are using it for a long hours it will take a toll on your eyes and you will eventually have to reduce its brightness.

I've physically checked few models in store and my final take is to avoid due to very simple reasons.

1. Screen is not mat finish so you will see your reflection most of the times which is irritating.
2. The screens is sharp but if you are using it for a long hours it will take a toll on your eyes and you will eventually have to reduce its brightness.

I personally do not have a preference either way. Both glossy and matte screens are fine for me. Any thoughts on the build quality?

I personally do not have a preference either way. Both glossy and matte screens are fine for me. Any thoughts on the build quality?
Depends on the models and series but my Asus Tuf Laptop is going strong everyday. Its a solid build machine so my preference is Asus then HP.

You should atleast provide a target budget, that's the bare minimum info. when seeking advice. It would also help to know if you have any specific size/weight requirements or a bias towards either build quality of outright performance.

I'm going to assume you want something balanced with good value for money and so Acer's Nitro 5 is my tentative recommendation.

Back