Audio Good IEM under 3k

You can get a Senn CX 500 for about 1500 bucks from ebay.

But your best bet would probably be Soundmagic PL 50 or Eterna or nfurce or something of that sort.

Don't go for Senn if you want anything less than IE 6 and don't go for anything less than UE Superfi 5 or something which is nearly as good. In that case other brands may give better deals.

Fischer Audio Eterna, Sound Magic PL-50, Head Direct RE-2 + Fiio E5 .These are some of the best IEMs under 3k and definitely lot better than the CX400/500 etc. IMO, the only Sennheisers worth getting are the IE6/7/8 :)

If you could give a little more information on what exactly are you looking for ,I could give you a more precise suggestion .;)

i dont knw how Pl 50 is designed bu my PL 30 starts itching after wearing for 30mins.......very annoying compared to Ep630/830

What he is trying to say is that you will be much more satisfied with the Eterna if you don't go about nit picking about earphones as certain people tend to.

The Eterna's are spoken of as having a much more 'musical' sound. In pseudo-audiophile terminology this means that they have a colored sound. They emphasize and de-emphasize certain frequencies.

So called audiophiles do not like this fiddling around with frequencies and prefer devices that can playback their music exactly the way it was, hence the term Neutral iems.

ok got it so are there iems that can be self modded to get emphasis on certain ferqencies and also have a feature of resetting it to a neutral config ?????

^ There are IEMs which let you tune the sound to get a neutral or coloured sound but none of them that fit in your budget. Anyways here are some options you could consider .(~4.5k mark :p)

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/hippo-vb-review-154517.html

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/review-crossroads-mylarone-quattro-iems-157952.html

Alternatively , you can get a slightly different sound from your cheaper IEMs even by changing the tips like using bi-flanges,foam tips etc. Not a huge difference as such but helps in fine tuning the sound to personal taste :)

if you are able to, audition...give them a few good minutes of listening to your favourite genre and then decide. this is one highly subjective realm...moreover comfort of wearing matters too. if you intend to use in office at high volumes, leakage also comes into play. i remember my colleagues asking to reduce the volume because SHE9800 was quite audible outside and people get terrified by terror EBM :D You may have to consider different wearing style say, if u plan to take it to gym or even different eartips...

This along with TE's own Faheem's reviews should help you pick the right one :)

I have decided i'll by Fischer Audio Eterna or Sound Magic PL-50.
From the reviews i read i understand Eterna is way ahead of PL-50.

I know Eterna is not avaliable locally and needs to be backordered,but is PL-50 avaliable in chennai?

Back