Good Mixer Grinder?

Rs 1000 off on exchange of any old mixer grinder on this Bosch 1000W mixer grinder. Apparently the same offer is there on some other models as well. There are no checks on the condition of old mixer, I exchanged my 10+ year old Black and Decker one that looked pretty beat down.

4500 in the end after card discount.

Correct me if I am wrong but Bosch is no longer a reliable brand. I heard they were bought by Chinese and atleast their hardware tools are not that great.

Correct me if I am wrong but Bosch is no longer a reliable brand. I heard they were bought by Chinese and atleast their hardware tools are not that great.
Not too aware of this, but even if this is true, they are still one of the best. If you want long lasting mixer grinders your other options are Sujata (found at every juice/shake shop) and Preethi. Sujata was ruled out because mom didn't like the look, they really need to make their stuff less plasticy. Preethi recently got acquired by Philips which itself is a sinking ship, and I've heard similar tales of their declining quality.

Your observation about Bosch's declining reliability is correct.

I too wanted to buy this particular model from Amazon but somehow I kept missing the exchange deals. Now that the festive sale is over, I see tons of 1-star reviews of this model. Apparently Bosch hasn't fixed any of the design issues of TrueMixx series in the last 3 years.

If you are talking about Bosch in general, it is still German. I have a Bosch washing machine and it is serviced by Siemens since they have a joint venture.

If you are talking about tools, then the ones manufactured by Bosch directly are generally high quality. However, most kits sold in India bundle a Bosch drill machine, for example, with Chinese bits and pieces.

Panasonic - 2 MX models especially 600w ones. Using 2 mixer grinders since 2014 and not even a single issue encountered to date.

Philips HL1616 500W- Working flawlessly for over 20 years now..

I wonder if the newer Mixer Grinders by Philips are equally legendary. :)

Everything everywhere someday somewhere sometime will be bought by China/Chinese and ruined :D

A guy was once lecturing me about my PC peripherals made in China.....He drives an MG Hector.

Jokes apart, The only thing that pisses me off with Mixers Grinders (Forget brand they are all sh*t) is their containers and jars, their plastic clips break in some way or the other, do you guys know where to buy containers that are good quality if something like that exists?
Philips HL1616 500W- Working flawlessly for over 20 years now..

I wonder if the newer Mixer Grinders by Philips are equally legendary. :)
Yup, my mom has a Philips one not sure about the model, almost 20-25 years old, still works.

one could consider Atomberg mixers with bldc motors
I would suggest giving lower priority to cheap BLDC brands. International brands do well with BLDC. The voltage fluctuations in India burn the PCB of BLDC of cheap brands.
BLDC is good if you have Oil based Servo stabilizer installed on the mains.

Strongly recommend Sujata for mixer grinders. They don't market much, but most juice corners, restaurants use Sujata only as they make commercial grade heavy duty stuff.
1702548660548.png

This models sells for Rs. 5600 locally.

PS: Online prices are usually 10-30% higher than offline. Plus the service offline will be better for these brands.

Attachments

• 1702548529986.png
    1702548529986.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back