Video Good News..Plasma Price Slashed...

hemant0285

Disciple
Good News for all the Plasma Panel lovers....

The Panasonic Plasma X10 HD Ready Panel originally priced at 54000 (Mrp) is now available at 40000...

(inclusive of Delivery,Vat and Installation + 1 year Standard Warranty and Bill)

Its not being sold by the Panasonic Brand Shop @ this price but by another distributor.
For details PM...

Err tell me something..

@OP

Pls provide full specs for the panel being talked about. i think there are diff variation of this panel in terms of screen size.

http://hdtvorg.co.uk/news/articles/2009030701.htm

Secondly..

Is plasma overall a successful product.. i mean Plasma vs LCD panel..?

Cuz i visited a Sony showroom and the salesman there said that plasma has got ltd life span or something like more problem prone ..

he also said that plasma has been discontinued ( that's where i started to believe he has gone cuckoo but thought better confirm first)

Any info on this??

Well plasma still sell,but it has lost the market share to lcds.
Well both lcd and plasma in theory have long life span but in reality,their electronics will fail before the panel.In that sense lcds have the edge ,they have lesser electronics ,emit lesser heat,have no fans and are passively cooled,less fragile.

plasmas on the other hand have lots of electronics ,put lot of strain on the power supply ,generate a lot more heat especially when showing bright or light colored image in majority of the screen ,hence requires many fans to cool them.they also buzz when they show bright images.also a cold starte at low room temperature can play a role in tvs life with owners reporting internal screen cracking or have trouble starting up the tv.

Spacescreamer said:
Err tell me something..
@OP
Pls provide full specs for the panel being talked about. i think there are diff variation of this panel in terms of screen size.
HD News - Panasonic X10 Plasma screens now in the UK

Secondly..

Cuz i visited a Sony showroom and the salesman there said that plasma has got ltd life span or something like more problem prone ..
he also said that plasma has been discontinued ( that's where i started to believe he has gone cuckoo but thought better confirm first)

Any info on this??
The argument between Plasma and LCD is never ending. But Plasmas are definitely not on their way out. Panasonic, LG, Samsung all are coming out with new models every year. The only reason the Sony guy said that was because Sony does not market Plasmas here.

Spacescreamer said:
Err tell me something..
@OP
HD News - Panasonic X10 Plasma screens now in the UK

Secondly..

Any info on this??

PLASMA LIVES FOR 1 LAKH Hours... which is 45 years @ 6 hours a day....dude dats all d tricks of d trade...
Chek out TE forum..there r a few threads which discuss the cons nd pros and Plasma vs LCD

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Very Correct

dealwise said:
Wow, that's a great price. Yes, please post the details here for the benefit of everyone.
38000 is for teh 42 inch model of plasma... NET INcl of taxes Vat and Installations

U can contact Godrej and Boyce in your city .. Find the contact no from Panasonic site...>>>Where to buy.....

I got it @ guwahati////Ordered the PLasma... expecting it by 10th of dis month...

NO IDEA Abt 32 ... i don think 32 ionch plasma is available... LCD is surely available.. but i m not aware of d drop in price...

I hope u ppl find this information usefull.....pls giv a +ve feedback to my profile..

I mean Add reputation points... Thanks

Back