Audio Good noise canceling headphones under 2K

@Detox101 Do you want active-noise cancellation OR just good isolation?

Also what type of music do you like and what do you use as a source (a PMP OR MP3, cell phone)?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17 I want active noise cancellation... The reason for the same being that I work with a corporate and my floor is extremely noisy making my work, which is mostly analysis, extremely arduous... I need the headphones just to cut out the cacophony even if I am not listening to any music..

I want active noise cancellation... The reason for the same being that I work with a corporate and my floor is extremely noisy making my work, which is mostly analysis, extremely arduous... I need the headphones just to cut out the cacophony even if I am not listening to any music..

Why don't you invest in a good set of earplugs then, the problem with active noise-cancellation sets is that they sound not as good as normal IEM's at the same price-point and are forbiddingly expensive for the better versions.

Also until you do not play music the headphone doesn't cancel out the ambient noise. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

The ones with active noise cancellation use separate batteries... so cancellation works without any music playing...

Why don't you invest in a good set of earplugs then, the problem with active noise-cancellation sets is that they sound not as good as normal IEM's at the same price-point and are forbiddingly expensive for the better versions.

Also until you do not play music the headphone doesn't cancel out the ambient noise. Correct me if I am wrong.

The ones with active noise cancellation use separate batteries... so cancellation works without any music playing...

Hmmm... Okay. The only active noise cancellation pieces I have seen falling in your budget are a pair of Phillips IEM's that also ~1 year back at Bangalore airport. Will try to find them and will ping you if I do. Cheerio!

Thanks @ALPHA17.. How about SONY MDRNC7? It seems to be around $32 on amazon.. wonder what its priced at in India...

Any other suggestions are welcome guys....

Good Active NC comes at a price.

The only Active NC's available anywhere that can be called decent would cost 100$+ on sale, even so, these models will have loads of detractors, as they too will have weak points.

At your budget, if you buy a Active NC, be aware it was built to that price, to ensure that you will be forced to upgrade as soon as you can pay for more. Get good plugs (Medical shop), and see if it can help, if not, get a decent IEM in your budget, and use them.

@red dragon: I don't want to appear rude to my co-workers. If I put on the headphones they might get the impression that I am listening to music rather than cutting them out.. and I may feel like listening to music every now and then.. any good active NC headphones under 7K suggestions are welcome..

Why don't you buy a good ear muff?

@red dragon: I don't want to appear rude to my co-workers. If I put on the headphones they might get the impression that I am listening to music rather than cutting them out.. and I may feel like listening to music every now and then.. any good active NC headphones under 7K suggestions are welcome..

Following are the best earphones you can get in that price range --
  • VSONIC GR06
  • VSONIC GR 02 Bass edition
  • BRAINWAVZ M3
  • BRAINWAVZ M4
Get a few hybrid-Foam tips from Amazon and you are set, no idea about active noise cancellation IEM's / cans sadly.

Wait for @axeman to respond and I will tag a few other chaps. @sandeepsachin, @esanthosh.

In no order of preference:

Look up reviews for:

Audio Technica ANC23, Sony 100D, Creative 3NC (My Vote here)

If you increase the budget more (doublish) - then you will be in the actual useful products market.

+1 Axeman. Recently tried a colleagues Asus Vulcan ANC at ~5K its a totally worthwhile investment as a decent ANC headset.

+1 Axeman. Recently tried a colleagues Asus Vulcan ANC at ~5K its a totally worthwhile investment as a decent ANC headset.

Long time no see Sire. Greetings.

What will be the apt source for the Vulcan's, I doubt a simple MP3 player OR phone (smart-phone) can cut it.

Long time no see Sire. Greetings.
What will be the apt source for the Vulcan's, I doubt a simple MP3 player OR phone (smart-phone) can cut it.
Thanks @ALPHA17 too occupied mate! :(

Tried them with the iPhone and iPad both worked pretty decent. Out of my Dell L502X they were definitely better than the iDevices (Louder != Clearer though) . They paired really good with the Xonar DX (not surprised) as well as the Maverick though. I can try them with other devices on Monday if you have anything specific in mind.

Tried them with the iPhone and iPad both worked pretty decent. Out of my Dell L502X they were definitely better than the iDevices (Louder != Clearer though) . They paired really good with the Xonar DX (not surprised) as well as the Maverick though. I can try them with other devices on Monday if you have anything specific in mind.

No @sarang I did not have anything specific in mind. Just wanted to have your thoughts on the cans and their source.

Apart from this now OP knows what is in store for him so he can assess himself whether he makes the cut OR no (actually speaking his source).

Back