Android Good Parent phone

Currently my mom uses redmi 4 and she is very happy with portability something matching it would be great ,unfortunately the battery has a swell causing screen to pop from the middle ,not completely but phone works and might get 2750 in exchange on flipkart.

Looking for a phone with decent amount of RAM ,snappy proc ,great battery and easy to bootloader unlock and good support for 3 party ROM no adds out of the box. budget the same old 10-11 with exchange under 10k

I am very much ok with previous year phones the processor needs to be good , i really love poco f1 being out there with 845 SOC but not looking for phone with 15k budget and i am not in touch on cell phone SOCs .So could any one recommend a good SOC with good pricing would be valuable.

Currently looking at poco m2 (like the proc + 6 gb ram) ,redmi 9 power

,unfortunately the battery has a swell causing screen to pop from the middle ,not completely but phone works and might get 2750 in exchange on flipkart.

One suggestion, if you want to keep the older phone, why dont you get the battery replaced. Even official battery replacements of these devices are very cheap 1-1.5k ish

Would he even get original battery given Redmi was launched long time ago?
@burntwingzZz if you can get hold of original battery that's the best option. If not, add Redmi Note 10 to your list too. The above mentioned phones are equally good, my aunt uses M2 for her social media binge, YT as a jukebox player. Meets all her needs.

You forgot to mention your mom's use case..

One suggestion, if you want to keep the older phone, why dont you get the battery replaced. Even official battery replacements of these devices are very cheap 1-1.5k ish
Mumbai is in lockdown and service center have been downscaled now not near my home ,phone has aged it is slow ,i am dragging it with 3 party roms and i think the exchange value that i am getting is decent provided they accept the phone

phone battery/screen condition is similar to this videoo do fk and Az accept such phones ?

@burntwingzZz if you can get hold of original battery that's the best option. If not, add Redmi Note 10 to your list too. The above mentioned phones are equally good, my aunt uses M2 for her social media binge, YT as a jukebox player. Meets all her needs.

same as your aunt and lots of phone calls

Last edited:

I wouldn't worry about that till the service center denies that option. Also, if the service center says no there is no option for new battery, local service guys easily replace the battery too....

For OPs case in particular I agree with your assessment to just exchange and move on.
phone battery/screen condition is similar to this videoo do fk and Az accept such phones ?
Not sure, it varies a lot from person to person (those who come to collect the device)

As long as your phone turns on they will take it. I am assuming there are no visible cracks on the screen due to swelling of the battery.
If you intend to install custom roms, better go for a Qualcomm bsed Soc. I have no idea how Mediatek based SoC work when it comes to custom roms.

Back