Good/Reliable Furniture Shops in Bangalore?

archish

Skilled
Looking for purchase of 4 Seater Dining Table and had been @Home showroom last week, the entry model starting at 12k was decent but the chair legs were those of a super model :rofl: I doubt they would last for few years.

Checked local shops also prices were 12K plus again but couldn't trust the quality of wood and didn't feel they were worth the price either. The shopkeeper said all are imported Malaysian sets and none are made in India as such....not sure how true but all the chairs and tables were being assembled there so it was clear that guy didnt have any carpentry work. Saw some simple glass tables as well for 10k plus but again do they cost that much, seems to be imported from china.

Also whats with the chair design these days? they seem to be assembled like cabinets with screws. I had used such chair in Beijing and it keeps getting wobbly after few months usage and needs to be retightened ::no:

Anyone knows reliable shops here or prior experience of purchase from any good shop. Please do chip in :)

goto "oak n oak" in marathhalli. they also have a branch somewhere else. google for it.. we did buy a 6 seater table there and the price was quite good.

i also heard ikea has a showroom somewhere, not sure where though.

Which part of bangalore is your residence. Most of the shops have their branches all around.

There are some places like BTM jayadeva hospital, Banaswadi signal junction where there are around 10-15 furniture shops at a single place.

go and check all the shops to get a fair idea.

I purchased a 4 wodden chair, glass + wood dining table and it costed me around 15K. I dont remember the shop name. yah all the shops either begin with wood or end with wood so it is pretty confusing.

Quality wise just check the thickness of the glass. Also check weather it is the coating or the wood itself is smooth because once the coating gets dull the cheap material of the wood would be visible.

Even I heard most of them are imported from malaysia so may be true.

residing in BTM area. Had checked out all shops near the jayadeva flyover. Same mode different rates depending on the shop size. :)

Another vote for Oak n oak. I purchased a double cot from their Indiranagar store and matching single cots from Marathalli branch after 1 year.

Back