PC Peripherals Good Sound Card and Cabinet

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
I am looking for a good Sound Card and Cabinet for my rig. I am presently residing in chandigarh.

My Rigs Config is

Athlon 64 3000+ on MSI K8N Neo Platinum
1 GB DDR400 Kingston
GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB Dual DVI
280 GB HDD
Sony DVD Writer
Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Speakers
Perx ATX Cabinet with 400W PSU

Presently I am using the Onboard Realtek ALC850. But after using SB Live for the past 7 years on two of my older rigs, ALC does not sound good. It does not do justice to the Altec Lansing Speakers. My Older SB Live is 4.1 and its still used in the older rig. I am presently looking for a good sound card with Hardware based acceleration. Other than the Sound Blaster series is there any thing available in the 3000 Rs range. I know that SB Live 24 Bit is available for 2k. But I am looking for something with a newer and powerful dsp. I am looking for some thing better in the 3k range. Can any one tell me hows the Audigy 2 Value is priced. How about the availability of Audigy 1. Any other options available?

Also I am looking for a good cabinet in the 2-2.5k range with out the PSU. I will probably go for a powersafe 400W PSU. I want some thing cool and good looking, should have proper ventilation and should be able to install extra fans. I have seen the Zebronics XILCO and ANTIBIOTIC cases. Does any one know how much they are priced and their availability in chandigarh or Delhi.

Well the totally new DSP is yet to come into retail market.Creative just released it on paper.. Even Audigy series is based on same old EMU10K chip that sblive series carries.
Go for SB live 24bit. Its got 7.1 support now.
Otherwise investt 5.5K in audigy2.
But SBlive 24bit is a very good card for its price.

Ya if you want to enjoy Audigy 2 for 5.5K is gr8
But if you are on a tight budget get the SB Live 24Bit.

With that power absorbing 6800GT go for Power Safe 500W or Antec SP450W PSU.
Dont know if a Powersafe 400W wud do justice to ur system.

For such a system dont go for a cabby like Perx.
Look for a good cabby which has front intake & rear exit 120mm.
As for such a hot system you will require a proper ventillation.

Look for Antec cabbies they are costly but will serve you a lot better than those cheap cabbies. [www.antecindia.com]
Also if you are tight on budget look for VIP cabinets at [www.kunhar.com]

Antec 450W Smart Power approx 3.5-4K
Powersafe 500W approx 2-2.5K
Antec SLK 3700BQE with 350W Smart Power PSU Rs 5K [You can sell the PSU later]
these are completely approximate costs and may vary.

Quad Master said:
Ya if you want to enjoy Audigy 2 for 5.5K is gr8
But if you are on a tight budget get the SB Live 24Bit.

There will be hardly any difference in the audio quality of the live 24bit and the Audigy2 ZS. I'd mentioned before... they both use the same DAC - Cirrus Logic CS4382-KQ. Actually it might be better than the A2 ZS in music as it doesn't have the 44.1 to 48kHz resampling bug of the ZS since the EMU10K.2 dsp is non existent on it. The only difference between the two would be the CPU usage in games since EAX3/4 will be hardware accelerated on the A2 ZS courtesy the EMU dsp whereas the live 24bit will do it in software.

and so far i used to think that 24bit is the best.......anyway my BOSE speaker system is so so.....not much difference from my music system.....just that the speakers are small and sound is really cool
A simple yet high-quality speaker upgrade for your computer and portable players. Broad, full-range sound for music, gaming and streaming audio. Sleek design complements computers and saves desk space.

hellscream666 posted 7.53 minutes later:

Mine is Companion 3 Multimedia System

hellscream666 posted 1.62 minutes later:

oops sorry i did not see abt the sound card.....

Back