PC Peripherals Good UPS?

well apc has some new ups called BR1200LCDI it has a backlight lcd screen which shows all parameters,and has a very impressive back up time for a 200watts load it can give back up of 41min,and if u have a atom/nano processor based download rig which if consumes 50watts of power u can get a backup of approximately 3hrs 47 min.
if u are looking for a slighly cheaper option get a apc BR1100CI-IN costs approximately 5.7k to 6k.

abhi said:
How good is the iball ups?
Can i connect my pc and my xbox 360 to the ups?

yes u can connect a xbox 360 ,but when the xbox 360 was connected to HP 800VA ups ,the xbox used to give a error when ever power goes, but the same when connected to a apc ups never gave such error.

adder said:
yes u can connect a xbox 360 ,but when the xbox 360 was connected to HP 800VA ups ,the xbox used to give a error when ever power goes, but the same when connected to a apc ups never gave such error.

Do i have to buy a high end or a mid end ups or a regular ups would do?

Gunman said:
How about the APC Smart UPS 750VA at ~5k??

I guess the 1kVA retails for ~7k. Those're pretty robust ones. :p

are u sure the smart 1kv costs 7 k AFAIK apc smart 750va itself cost around 7k.
the regular BR1000va model cost 7k and change.

adder said:
are u sure the smart 1kv costs 7 k AFAIK apc smart 750va itself cost around 7k.
the regular BR1000va model cost 7k and change.

Pretty much yes. Those're the current retail prices. Check with your dealer. :)

Gunman said:
Pretty much yes. Those're the current retail prices. Check with your dealer. :)

well just contacted a dealer in bangalore got a quote of 9k for the smart 750va and when i said about the 5k price point he said thats impossible,he said u might be refering to the BR800IN. which is a 800va model.

adder said:
well just contacted a dealer in bangalore got a quote of 9k for the smart 750va and when i said about the 5k price point he said thats impossible,he said u might be refering to the BR800IN. which is a 800va model.

I got that quote almost a year back for the BR800-IN. :p

I still remember the B'lore peeps posting the price for the Smart UPS 750VA as ~5k.

Gunman said:
I
I still remember the B'lore peeps posting the price for the Smart UPS 750VA as ~5k.

well was searching all the post in TE with the word SMART and APC no where have i seen the price of 5k the lowest i found was 7k+.

Back