Goodbye, Gurgaon. Khattar government renames it Gurugram

avi

Skilled
Gurgaon will now be called Gurugram. The corporate hub, home to some 250 Fortune 500 companies, is being renamed for its perceived epic roots, turning on its head the very concept of a Millennium City of the future.

The name change was announced in Chandigarh on Tuesday by the Manohar Lal Khattar government, which said it was keeping its poll promise. A government spokesperson said Guru Dronacharya, the guru of the Pandavas in the Mahabharata, had his ashram here. Officials in the chief minister's office said the decision to rename Gurgaon was taken following representations from several forums.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-renames-it-Gurugram/articleshow/51803265.cms

People are creating an unnecessary fuss over it! The change of name doesn't really change anything! The people make the land.

I dont think that the world will consider the United States of America second grade if it was renamed the United States of Amerigram!

That being said, it applies both ways! Just like I say that people should just move on, I also think it was stupid of the Govt. to change the name as I dont see it creating any benefit!

But yeah... All in all, Unaffected by this! Lol :D

P.S.: Please don't attack me saying that I would have had issues if Mumbai was renamed! I still wouldn't care! Unless it was renamed 'Pakistan'... Then I would have issues! Coz then I would get those strange 'x-ray looks' at all airports!!! :p

People are creating an unnecessary fuss over it! The change of name doesn't really change anything! The people make the land.
you are absolutely right about "people making the land." hence i thought gawaargaon was more apt.

people are not creating unnecessary drama over this name change. you know how much money and effort will be spent in reflecting this new name? they should spend this extra money on infra and security of this village. if haryana govt is so keen on telling the world about its heritage, then there are better ways to do that.

just like you, even i don't care what govt decides to name it but at this moment gurgaon needs to tackle a lot of other important issues. govt just made an ass of itself. maybe they wanted to divert the attention from the recent jaat agitation.

you are absolutely right about "people making the land." hence i thought gawaargaon was more apt.

people are not creating unnecessary drama over this name change. you know how much money and effort will be spent in reflecting this new name? they should spend this extra money on infra and security of this village. if haryana govt is so keen on telling the world about its heritage, then there are better ways to do that.

just like you, even i don't care what govt decides to name it but at this moment gurgaon needs to tackle a lot of other important issues. govt just made an ass of itself. maybe they wanted to divert the attention from the recent jaat agitation.

^ Yes... But then govt. inaction has always been a issue for Gurgaon, right? It's not like the inaction has suddenly shot up after the name change.

People are wasting time talking about the name change and saying there are so many other issues that need to be tackled etc. So, yeah... a name change happened. But I dont understand why that is a trigger for people to mope over govt inaction on other important issues.

All I am saying is that this is just a new troll topic for most people... They will gossip and walk away! Like about 2 weeks ago, they wanted justice done to Mallya! Now they are after Gurgaon. Tomorrow Salman will dye his hair orange and people will say that he is trying to be a right wing fanatic and go after him! The next day it will be a dog biting someone and that will be the rage due to the troll media!

I am not saying that all people do this... Maybe there are a few like you who really do care. But then most people I encounter just want those likes and shares on FB or other social media and that is nothing but a waste of time! So, people need to relax, take a break, change their postal address and move on! I don't see how this is gonna be an event that is "turning on its head the very concept of a Millennium City of the future".

Or maybe I am wrong in thinking that people should focus on work and leave the trolling for Arnab and Barkha!

^^ at least, you can excuse gurgaon people mocking govt's decision on social media :p all of the gurgaonwaalas are affected. rest of the india is just trolling.

^^ at least, you can excuse gurgaon people mocking govt's decision on social media :p all of the gurgaonwaalas are affected. rest of the india is just trolling.

^^ Hahaha! Sure! They may crib for a while but then they should also move on! Psst... Avi is from Karnataka! :p

^ Yes... But then govt. inaction has always been a issue for Gurgaon, right? It's not like the inaction has suddenly shot up after the name change.

So, people need to relax, take a break, change their postal address and move on! I don't see how this is gonna be an event that is "turning on its head the very concept of a Millennium City of the future".
So a govt elected by people, does random stupid stuff and you should relax and let them do it. :|
How about kicking their ass, holding them accountable for every thing from Inaction, jat agitation mishandling and random name changes to divert attention?

So a govt elected by people, does random stupid stuff and you should relax and let them do it. :|
How about kicking their ass, holding them accountable for every thing from Inaction, jat agitation mishandling and random name changes to divert attention?

^Great idea! As long as it is being done for all of those (and other important reasons) in the order of importance!

Seriously this name changing should be totally stopped. It is so weird and time wasting. Ya, unless a new section is being created then it is all right.

Back