Google adwords doubts

salluks

Adept
i got a gift coupon from google adwords for rs 2500

but i have to pay an activation fee of rs 250

was just thinking if i use this and not use the ads for a while, will they expire or something?

salluks said:
i got a gift coupon from google adwords for rs 2500
but i have to pay an activation fee of rs 250
was just thinking if i use this and not use the ads for a while, will they expire or something?

Like you I got a $100 coupon. When I tried to use it in my account it said, 'Your account is too old to use this voucher'!
If you don't already have an account then you can go ahead and use the coupon. The credit won't expire. But if you are trying to use it on an existing account then I doubt if it will work. My friend too got a same error like mine whose account is about 6 months old.

my account was created yesterday,
but my doubt is if i avail this and use it say like a 2 yrs later, will i still be able to use the balance in my account?

salluks said:
but my doubt is if i avail this and use it say like a 2 yrs later, will i still be able to use the balance in my account?

yes you cam use the balance anytime. But if your account is inactive for longer duration, Google may cancel your adword account.

salluks said:

amol_cool said:
If you don't already have an account then you can go ahead and use the coupon. The credit won't expire.

:)

(10 char)

yesterday even I got a mail from google adword some 2500/- , didn't know what is it/ how it works, so simply deleted that mail :p, should be in trash folder now.. anybody through some light, do we get something? :p ..

Edit: Ok got it.. don't need it :)

You can use the credit anytime, it wont expire as such, but it only works on new accounts. You will only be charged against the clicks which your active ads receive, so if you dont have any active campaigns / ads running, the credit should remain unspent :)

^so can i sell those credits to some other guy for a lesser price?

can i transfer to to another account?

unethical, but cant help thinking :p

Back