Google buzz, competition for twitter and facebook updates

McAgnel

Disciple
Google Buzz

[youtube]yi50KlsCBio[/youtube]
captureoe.jpg

Currently the service is not made available for everyone. I've seen updates coming since late night IST. If you don't see "buzz" in your account yet, it'll be there pretty soon. :eek:hyeah:

I did read about this is Mashable a few days ago. I got it this afternoon CST and it looks cool.

Buzz could have done better by implementing the "Dislike" feature which Facebook doesn't have. Apart from that, it is the similar to the facebook "status" update feature. It appears as a link next to the "Inbox"/"Draft".

Any new comments appears as a reply in the inbox and that is cool :eek:hyeah:. I'm sure twitter and FB would be sweating a lot :rofl:

i got it now and it s just a twitter....... but connecting flickr , youtube is a nice option.... sure it will attract more audience..............

If Google had made buzz 'invite only' then by now everybody had been craving for it.. :|

Anyways, its just another #fail attempt from Google..

Basically FaceBook and Google are trying to copy each and every style of Twitter, but remember Twitter pwnzzz.. #evillaugh

just checked my mail and it's there. not sure what they're trying to achieve though... instead of doing this, they could just buyout twitter instead. anyway, let's see how this thing pans out.

spindoctor said:
just checked my mail and it's there. not sure what they're trying to achieve though... instead of doing this, they could just buyout twitter instead. anyway, let's see how this thing pans out.

:( I don't want Twitter to turn into Crap !! Plzzz :S

Oh man! Another status update bar!

I am getting sick of seeing people post about their screwed up day to day lives. I don't want to know when somebody took a poop or when they had a pizza!

I am going to delete my facebook and twitter accounts! Unfortunately I need Google's services for my daily life, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate from deleting my account :(

Krazzy Warrior said:
:( I don't want Twitter to turn into Crap !! Plzzz :S

It won't turn into crap. Don't worry. :lol:
Twitter gained more popularity with celebs. Celebs wouldn't be too comfortable giving away their gmail ids to share status updates and twitter is the best way for them.

phoenix844884 said:
Oh man! Another status update bar!

I am getting sick of seeing people post about their screwed up day to day lives. I don't want to know when somebody took a poop or when they had a pizza!

I am going to delete my facebook and twitter accounts! Unfortunately I need Google's services for my daily life, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate from deleting my account :(

Don't get agitated. You always have an option of not logging into these services and google gives you the option of "turning off buzz".

Learn to NOT see ;)

=CrAzYG33K= said:
*cough* At what cost?

do you think there is any price google can't afford? they can probably buy a few countries if they wanted to :bleh:

so it seems that buzz is a bit of an information overload, especially with so many social sites you can integrate it with. picasa, twitter etc... and you get to see not just the people you follow, but messages from anyone who follows them and what not. at this point, it seems almost like a non interactive chat room/message board the way people are using it. i wonder what it will be like after the hype has died down.

i have a question... is there any way to stop updated messages showing up in your inbox as emails? i don't want it cluttering up my inbox where i get real emails.

Back