Google Chrome Captures More Than One Third Of Global Browser Share

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Google chrome became the world's most popular browser recently , and now it has grabbed over one third of browser's global market share , according to StatCounter .

chr.png

For July 2012 , Google Chrome's market share was 33.8 percent , up from 32.8 percent in June . Internet Explorer holds second position with 32 percent share , next is Firefox with around 23.7 percent and Apple's Safari browser comes in fourth with 7.1 percent share .

Thenextweb points out that Chrome is the most used browser in Asia , Europe , South America .While Internet Explorer still reigns in the US , UK and Australia .

Source

Not true. I work on Oracle applications and for me it works best in IE only. Other browsers might work but i keep on facing issues with them.

That was a dig based on the countries.

I also work in Orace applications and the Applet works only in IE.

That was a dig based on the countries.

I also work in Orace applications and the Applet works only in IE.

LOL...yeah oracle is very picky, everything else except IE is a hit or miss.

But i do not doubt these statistics at all. I have stopped using safari altogether (except few cases) and have shifted entirely to chrome on my iPad 2. And with the JB tweak Nitrous (not yet tried), i am sure chrome on iOS will be faster than before.

Well just because it's Google, doesn't mean it has to be right, or the best for that matter. One of the reasons IE has been the browser of choice has been because it is lenient towards the average developer. There are a lot of applications which don't work outside IE, not because they have been customised to work on it, but because the other 'advanced' browsers do not take kindly to some of the practices used by these plugins / scripts.

LOL...yeah oracle is very picky, everything else except IE is a hit or miss.

But i do not doubt these statistics at all. I have stopped using safari altogether (except few cases) and have shifted entirely to chrome on my iPad 2. And with the JB tweak Nitrous (not yet tried), i am sure chrome on iOS will be faster than before.

True. Even working in R12 the applet just wont work in Firefox. HTML pages work fine.

I only use IE when in need of Core Forms.

^^ Well it seems even big shot companies have noob coder instilled inside :|

The integration of the Product with the web browser seems like a heavy investment to me.

Back