Google Confirms Free Google WiFi Test

Jageera

Disciple
Google Confirms Free Google WiFi Test
(Source: http://www.i4u.com/article4238.html)
google_logo.jpg

Reuters reports that Google officially confirms the Google WiFi test run in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Yesterday the Google WiFi secure access program page at Google.com was the big news. Now Google officially tells the world what this means, at least in the short run.
Currently only two sites close to the Google Headquarters are equipped with Google WiFi access points for the limited test of thier wireless internet service. The Google spokes person is quoted saying "Google WiFi is a community outreach program to offer free wireless access in areas near our headquarters".
Looks like Google tries to down play the whole thing. Investment site Fool.com runs a story titled: Why I Fear Google WiFi. The article raises red flags on Google's expansion in more aspects of users online life. Maybe Google wants to avoid this kind of argumentation, by calling the free wi-fi a community outreach.
Free never means free. You give up at least your address or even your usage patterns. As long as people have a choice and know about what the real deal is that is fine with me.

Back