Google Launches Search "By Image"

Google launches Search by Image
At the Inside Search event being held at San Francisco, Google has announced a new addition to its search features - Search by Image. The Search by Image feature is something like Google’s image search application for mobile devices – Google Goggles.

Those who have used service like TinEye will be familiar with what Search by Image does. Although technically similar to what TinEye does, Google has taken it much further.

Google Search by Image:
Suppose you have an image you want to search about. There are three ways for you to use Search by Image to search for the image:

• You can upload the image.
  • You can also drag and drop the image into the search box.
  • If the image is online, you can paste the URL of the image into the search box.
  • You can also use extensions for Chrome and Firefox that Google will release.

After the image has been analyzed by the servers at Google, Google will attempt to identify the image and bring up search results related to it. The technology used for Search by Image is similar to that used by Google Goggles for smartphones.

The service is not live yet and Google will roll out the feature in the coming few days. You will know that Search by Image has been activated for you when you see a camera icon at the right of the search box.

Here is a video that Google has released introducing Search by Image:

Image search is AWESOME!!!

manu1991 said:
As if tineye.com didn't exist before.
Tineye matches photos exactly. (It looks for slight modifications based on color and size). Their main income generator is stock photo companies who want to find people who have stolen/copied their images. (That is why the search is for exact matches).

Put the same image into Google. It searches based on objects in the image.

For example, take this URL. Paste it into Tineye and Google image search. Look at the difference in results.

http://i.imgur.com/JU7gh.png

^^ Hmm, nice.

Also, Google Image Search can be used to know the 'name' of the image. For example, I put in hot model's picture and get their name. :p

Google has also revamped their search engine interface for mobiles, which I liked.

XTechManiac said:
^^ Hmm, nice.

Also, Google Image Search can be used to know the 'name' of the image. For example, I put in hot model's picture and get their name. :p

Google has also revamped their search engine interface for mobiles(liked it) and has also introduced Search by Voice.

Now that's useful :p

This feature is really good, found from Google site only in how it works section

"The biggest difference is that your results can include non-image results like webpages that seem relevant to the image that you searched for. "

Sometimes we have the image but we dont know where best we can find its information... :clap:

No i am not kidding.

He was like my brother

Check the link m.khurana posted.

May his soul rest in Peace.

I met hm a few times after he had open his shop Cbay.in. in Bhopal.

He was a lovely guy always helped me out. Really sad to hear this. I pray for strength for his family.

Back