Google Nexus 7

JayMathers

Diablo's Rapier
Disciple
Hi All
Finally I can say GOODBYE to all my other devices, just keeping my iPad 3rd Gen, Google Nexus 7 & Galaxy Nexus.
Apple, I Love Your EcoSystem (Waiting for iPhone 6th Gen).

IMG_20120901_200209.jpg

PS : My TF700T will be up for sale when i am back in India.

GODSPEED

Congrats dude. I was able to get the free play store credit on my first N7 about a month back, but now on the second one even though I've got the credit I'm unable to spend it.

Its greyed out in the store and says not valid for your country (BRC) or something like this.

Do let me know if you've got yours and if you're able to utilize it.

Congrats dude. I was able to get the free play store credit on my first N7 about a month back, but now on the second one even though I've got the credit I'm unable to spend it.

Its greyed out in the store and says not valid for your country (BRC) or something like this.

Its the same issue bro, I called up BestBuy and they stated that now it is only valid in the countries where the device is officially launched. I tried it with all my cards and failed.

Its the same issue bro, I called up BestBuy and they stated that now it is only valid in the countries where the device is officially launched. I tried it with all my cards and failed.

Too bad. Anyhow, enjoy your awesome device!

Thanks for telling that , Playstore credit is useless while purchasing N7 from US . Noted

^^ - I can wait till 1st week of october as my relative is coming here in 2nd week of october

But my budget is as low as possible :(

Same here I got my N7 last week cant use the store credit, Play Books and Play Mag also disappeared !

How much did you buy it for ?

A relative is coming to India in October and i was thinking of getting this :)

You can buy it from Google Play Store for $250 + $10 (Shipping) + State Tax. I Bought It In Store from Ottawa, CA (FutureStore.ca). Cost was about $ 268 canadian (Was lucky to get an open box item that a customer bought a day before and returned it as he bought iPad, was a straight 10% off on retail Price).

- - - Updated - - -

May be if you like to wait for a 3G version, there is some news making its round here

I Tether. Why use 2 connections when 1 is enough.

I Tether. Why use 2 connections when 1 is enough.
i was just putting my 2cents of finding what i saw online... Cos your already in the US i guess where there is access to WiFi almost everywhere, and even you might have a smart phone to do all in all..

Back in India all dont use a smartphone to be hooked online.. so... may be a tablet with the 3G option may be better.
Also there is atleast a 6week delay in this launch!

i was just putting my 2cents of finding what i saw online... Cos your already in the US i guess where there is access to WiFi almost everywhere, and even you might have a smart phone to do all in all..

Back in India all dont use a smartphone to be hooked online.. so... may be a tablet with the 3G option may be better.
Also there is atleast a 6week delay in this launch!

Dude, i am from India, and yes I have a smartphone (BB 9900) from which i tether my 3G network.
Been here just short then a month.
Beside that, I respect your opinion. 3G plans in India are killing Man.

Visited my friend at Kansas City and guess what, he is under 'FiberHood' for Google Fiber. Freaking 1Gig Up by 1Gig down for $70. Even his top end (N900) router will not be enough to use even 25% of what his Modem will pump. This is Crazy, this will certainly will dwindle Storage Needs in future.

Boys I've managed to get and use the $25 free credit on my third N7.

• Connect to US VPN (hideipvpn)
  • Created a new Google account
  • Added my indian card with US address, phone, pin
  • Got the $25 credit (email)
  • Bought 2 apps
  • Disconnected VPN
  • Updated to v4.1.1
  • Unlocked & Rooted
  • Remaining store credit sticks! w00t

First N7 - Account A - Got credit, spent it all
Second N7 - Account B - Got credit, unable to spend
Third N7 - Account C - Got credit, able to spend

I'm not sure why I'm able to spend the credit from Account C and not from Account B. I think it might be because with account B I goofed up the process.

Boys I've managed to get and use the $25 free credit on my third N7.

• Connect to US VPN (hideipvpn)
  • Created a new Google account
  • Added my indian card with US address, phone, pin
  • Got the $25 credit (email)
  • Bought 2 apps
  • Disconnected VPN
  • Updated to v4.1.1
  • Unlocked & Rooted
  • Remaining store credit sticks! w00t

First N7 - Account A - Got credit, spent it all
Second N7 - Account B - Got credit, unable to spend
Third N7 - Account C - Got credit, able to spend

I'm not sure why I'm able to spend the credit from Account C and not from Account B. I think it might be because with account B I goofed up the process.

Congrats Bro, But I am not going to root as i am using my Official Emails on the device and our ZENPRISE Policy is Strictly No Rooting No Jail Breaking.
Besides that, lot of purchases are in my current Google Account, so i am better off spending another $25 if i need anything special.

Thanks for sharing you input bro.

GODSPEED

Back