Google Nexus One is out!

3G will work here.
Both BSNL and MTNL are operating on UMTS 2100 band here.
And this phone supports that.
I dont know if there has been any new devlopement here, but last time I checked India / TRAI were modelling our spectrum on EU's footprints. So there shouldnt be any problem. And as BSNL and MTNL are already on 2.1Ghz band and handsets rolled out here also support this band, its safe to assume all near future 3G services will launch on these bands

MAGNeT said:
Shri u missed my post i guess...i m serious about th fone or else might settle for hero.....when u keep that on sale after getting this :D

lol, Hero is already on sale again :p

I kinda ordered this already :ashamed:

Its damn costly here in UK, There are local taxes for every country they deliver in, so in UK it comes out to be approx 430 pounds, costlier by 70-80 pounds than US. Moreover Vat has been increased here in UK to 17.5%, that will make it costlier. So overall cost here is appprox 33K which m not sure if this phone deserves or not. But in 25k its a deal

Well I see those links that you have provided,Well That phone is quite coo..The reviews are also very positive.Please keep sharing more thoughts and suggestions related to Google Nexus..

I've had the Nexus one for a week now and am generally very happy with it. There's already been a lot written about its great features, I'll concentrate on my real world experience, especially the negatives. My top 3 features are

- screen

- speed

- voice recognition

Negatives:

- Speaker is too low, this is not a good music phone. I've missed quite a few calls because I didn't hear the phone ring!!!

- No support for ringtone profiles

- No file manager out of the box

- Music app is not that good

- Video app is a joke, doesn't do justice to the hardware. I've been encoding my .avi files to mp4 (mpeg4 codec), it handles them easily and the pictures look beautiful. But it needs much better video library management capability

- The phone is a data hog and needs to be constantly connected to the Internet. I'm already up to 90 MB (again no way of measuring out of the box) in a week, was using around 50-60MB per month earlier

- The free apps are generally not that good. I have seen a similar issue on the iphone and java apps, but here, we have no way of buying the paid apps. I hope Google rolls it out to India soon

Another point, we keep reading, especially in the American press about how behind Symbian is. I've been using a n82, a 3 year old model, and while there are areas where Android is better, I can definitely say that there are quite a few areas when S60 leaves Android (and iphone OS) in the dust.

Back