Google Nexus S Vs Motorola Defy

Nexus S is Google Phone - meaning that it will be the first one to receive all major Android updates and have the maximum official support.

I don't expect the Galaxy series to be supported beyond Gingerbread .. but Nexus S will surely see IceCream Sandwich .. at the very least.

Nexus S has NFC support which practically no other phone offers.

The internals are exactly the same and also Nexus S has a much better dev. community than any other phone.

DEFY is in a different league all together and there is a big 5k price difference.

Nexus S for android business .. Galaxy S for multimedia stuff

hellgate said:
Get the Galaxy SL or S. either of them will be a better buy than the Nexus S or Defy.
Errr... How is the SL better than Nexus S. The SL has a PowerVR SGX 530 whereas the Nexus S has a PowerVR SGX540 which is much better.

Depends on what u want with the phone,

If u are ok with NO-HD recording, no External MicroSD support, Gorilla Glass display but definitely want a superior dev force behind the phone and a gorgeous AMOLED then Nexus S is the one for u.

If u want all the nay of the Nexus S and ok with a moderate dev support and LCD screen and much more VFM experience then Defy is the one.

List out ur requirements and make two columns for Defy and NxS and fill it, at the end one will be longer than the other, that should be your phone.

I want a Phone with a Good Display....Good processing power......Good durability....most importantly good battery life......I am ok if the phone does not have HD video recording i have my own Camera for that....so can do away with that....... Moderate Multimedia features...as i mostly use my IPOD for music...........

Galaxy S - Gorilla Glass, Super AMOLED, Rarely updated by Samsung.

Nexus S - W/O Gorilla Glass, W/O Super AMOLED, but backed 100% by Google.

You Decide. Personally I have Nexus S, SGS, SGS II, DHD, Senstaion & iPhone 4 & BB 9780 I simply love iPhone 4 & Nexus S cause I get the updates when they are out from the Manufacturer and the benefit of this is that the device is properly security patched, as I use official mails on my device.

If you are OK will rooting then undoubtedly go for galaxy S.

Google is your friend in that.. Read a bit in android police site too.. You need to be a bit familiar with linux IMHO..

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Back