Android Google Pay reset to default automatically ?

dissel

Skilled
Recently I experienced that my Gpay reset to default condition which is removing all bank accounts/phone number by itself, just like when a user first time install the app. The phone contains Gpay and is always staying 90% time without any internet but the mobile network is alive but no mobile data / Wi-Fi. At least once or twice a week I update all the apps from the App Store incl Gpay <- This is the time when the phone goes online or the time if I need to use Gpay for payment purposes. This is a secondary number/phone, I set it up like this when all the wallet scams/banking scams started here - Needless to say once upon a time this is my primary number.

My question, Is this a sign that someone trying to temper my Upi wallet? never seen such behavior earlier, facing this kind of issue just for the past 2 -3 weeks.

N.B:- there is a third phone which is an iPhone also running this way and serving the same purpose, no problem there at all.

Last edited:
Do check that you are using the same google account with the gpay.

The account is the same but the phone number which restores the Google account (2FA) is different…. this has been for ages, I mean when I set up this phone since then.

I figure if the attack comes from the Google Account then it must not reach my banking account phone number, and vice versa. The Google Account 2FA number is my primary number which is used everywhere, Carry everywhere - So if I just physically lost the phone somehow and I need to block it - I don’t need to worry about my bank accounts/cards and the Gpay wallet payment.

So this is the reason Gpay number is different than the 2FA number of the same account, Then my question why now? No problem since ages why now?

Last edited:
This kept happening to me after I set Carrier to airtel manually. I changed it back to automatically and gpay didn't reset itself again

Recently I experienced that my Gpay reset to default condition which is removing all bank accounts/phone number by itself, just like when a user first time install the app. The phone contains Gpay and is always staying 90% time without any internet but the mobile network is alive but no mobile data / Wi-Fi. At least once or twice a week I update all the apps from the App Store incl Gpay <- This is the time when the phone goes online or the time if I need to use Gpay for payment purposes. This is a secondary number/phone, I set it up like this when all the wallet scams/banking scams started here - Needless to say once upon a time this is my primary number.

My question, Is this a sign that someone trying to temper my Upi wallet? never seen such behavior earlier, facing this kind of issue just for the past 2 -3 weeks.

N.B:- there is a third phone which is an iPhone also running this way and serving the same purpose, no problem there at all.
Same thing keeps happening to me on my Samsung.

Same thing keeps happening to me on my Samsung.
Do check that you are using the same google account with the gpay.
Checked and yes
Looks like Google laid off gpay team.
Lol

Back