Less than 10K Google Pixel - Is it a good phone and should I buy?

bwsherpn

Recruit
Hey Guys,
I am looking into changing my phone. I wanted to hear some feedback on the Google Pixel phone has anyone had any experience with it?

Some People still prefer Google experience over iOS.
Also gcam mod are not 100%gcam features. Although I might be wrong as I don't use gcam.
yeah ios vs android is a preference thing
Post automatically merged:

One needs to download a particular gcam variant for his phone. Also, gcam ports are developed and maintained by by numerous devs so you have to keep trying for the one which has maximum features working.
popular phones do have almost complete versions of gcam working
Post automatically merged:

Lmfao at those comments like buy a meme (xim, realmi etc.) phone and just flash gcam on them and have the same camera experience. Geez! Hilarious.
meme is buying $399 phones for 40-45k in india while getting none of the good after sales support. no need to flash gcam separately. just install it alongside your regular camera app and use it. someone linked gcam for k20 pro here. I tried it and it has all the features regular gcam has including night sight

Increase your budget and go for Pixel 3a. I have used it for a while and it's an incredible Android experience. SOT is more than 6-7 hours if used wisely and camera is also the best ever in an android.

I don't understand the preference issue between android and iPhone in 2020.
I was iPhone user from 4s to 7 and left it simply because of the 3.5 mm out and the insane pricing of X and follow up models.
Transition to Android was not difficult at all, while moving to Windows from Mac was really difficult.
I love the lowly Note 10 lite way more than any iPhone ( have access to plenty of iPhones)
Except the great integration of Macs and iOS , do not miss anything in Android.
But I really don't care about people's perception of me in business class flights and frankly nobody really gives a shit about other people's phones in Europe. Plenty of people traveling in business class still use BlackBerry phones ( the square one, passport probably)
My wife has a XR and the screen is bad, really bad even compared to the dirt cheap Samsung ( A50 or something like that) I was using.

I don't understand the preference issue between android and iPhone in 2020.
I was iPhone user from 4s to 7 and left it simply because of the 3.5 mm out and the insane pricing of X and follow up models.
Transition to Android was not difficult at all, while moving to Windows from Mac was really difficult.
I love the lowly Note 10 lite way more than any iPhone ( have access to plenty of iPhones)
Except the great integration of Macs and iOS , do not miss anything in Android.
But I really don't care about people's perception of me in business class flights and frankly nobody really gives a shit about other people's phones in Europe. Plenty of people traveling in business class still use BlackBerry phones ( the square one, passport probably)
My wife has a XR and the screen is bad, really bad even compared to the dirt cheap Samsung ( A50 or something like that) I was using.
Absolutely agreed. I am a long time Android user. Always ran custom roms on my phone. Switched to the xs last year and it wasn't a big deal to switch platforms. I would say I prefer Android slight more as an OS but certainly not enough to base a phone buying decision on Android vs ios. Both iphones and Androids can get the job done easily. The only reason I might switch back to android some day is because of the slow charging and below average battery of these expensive iphones.

However I have had shift to Macbook when I switched jobs. That is a very difficult transition for a long term windows user.

I have been switching between Android and iPhone over the years but really get irritated by the quality of 3rd party apps on Android in terms of UI design and permission control. I can't figure out why the iOS app should have only 3 permissions, all of which you can deny and still have the app operate in contrast to 8 permissions on Android, denying some of which prevents you from using the app. I am not a privacy nut but would prefer iOS by a long shot in that regard.

Also, not to say a lot of the prominent app developers, especially from the developed countries, favour the iOS apps by a wide margin in terms of features and design. Only the high refresh rate OLED screen is keeping me on Android for now but I wouldn't hesitate to switch over to iOS again if the post-exchange and discount price for iPhone 12 is not utterly ridiculous.

Having used pixels since pixel 2, I can only see how google has changed over the years. The unlimited photo upload was removed since pixel 4 which was one of the very good features which the pixel brand had.

Having used pixels since pixel 2, I can only see how google has changed over the years. The unlimited photo upload was removed since pixel 4 which was one of the very good features which the pixel brand had.
Yes. They want us to move to subscribing to their Google one storage stuff. It was a great offer from Google indeed but i knew for a fact a corporate like Google will not offer it in long term.

I was considering the 4a from time to time based on my impulse but now as the honeymoon period of 4a buyers is over there are many reports that they don't see a performance improvement coming from Pixel 2. In fact, on the contrary, there are micro jitters on the 4a and when pushed the device performs poorly compared to P2. It's a 730 chipset, so that terrible gpu was always gonna be bad when pushed but i didn't think there would be micro lags for day to day usage compared to a three year old flagship chip like 835 on the Pixel 2. Eh.

Back