Google playing dirty - Acts like just any another large corporation

ZDNet said:
This is how monopolies work. If you use Opera to create or edit posts on Google's Blogger network, you'll see a nagging message. And you'll keep seeing those nags until you switch to Chrome.

As you can probably sense, my fear is that this is little more than the latest step in Google’s quest to monopolise the Internet. They’re not exactly forcing Blogger users who currently run Opera to migrate to Chrome, but they are making Opera untenable, and suggesting Chrome in its place. Only Chrome – no alternative options are provided. Inevitably, quite a high proportion of Opera users will, in response to this, switch, as advised, to Chrome. In Google’s gargantuan terms the numbers may not be overwhelming, but the move sets a precedent. If Google can drop support for Opera on one of their services, then they can feasibly drop support for Firefox, or even Internet Explorer. In theory, there’s no reason why Google can’t progessively disengage the various rival browsers from a multitude of services, one small step at a time, until most people feel forced, if they want to continue using those Google services, to access them with Google Chrome.

Not expected from Google.

Google Service Drops Support for Opera | Planet Botch

Google annoys Opera users who won't switch to Chrome | ZDNet

I have stopped using google as my primary service.
I stopped using mail and Picassa.
I filter out all ads from search and I don't prefer gtalk also.

Switch to hotmail or alike.

Lol, I don't think Google isn't that shitty company at all. They still dominate everyone. And as said by someone, Haters are gonna hate.

Well, Google acted like unprofessional with Opera so I reacted like this, otherwise I respect Google. Their products are part of my everyday life :)
@pratikb - Stop using Google Search Engine. Then I will believe in you :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I would love if google home page refuse to open in IE6. I really hate to see people using that browser. :p

And yeah, people are indeed shifting from google search - mainly because of personalized search results. From the same query everyone get different results - which is freaky realizing google have all my history - my web search patterns. Won't it be like too much power with them.

(I am still with google, old habbits doesn't die easily. :p But yeah, duckduckgo.com, bing.com and wolframalpha - I use 'em ocassionaly. )

Bing search is good now a days, Microsoft is improving lately, It may take years to come near Google Search but still Bing Search and others is not a bad idea... I can get anything i need using Bing search :p

Bing search is good now a days, Microsoft is improving lately, It may take years to come near Google Search but still Bing Search and others is not a bad idea... I can get anything i need using Bing search

First it was Microsoft, then Apple, then Google... and now we are talking about going back to Microsoft again! Yeah, there's always 'The Man' and you gotta stick it to them but problem is, one or the other corporation will replace the previous one. What Apple is doing today with its patent trolling and lawsuits is bugging people. But are we sure that Google won't do this in the future what Apple is doing today?
After reading the links above, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Knowing Opera they will go to EU for this. Btw this is only recently happening to Bloggers, its been like this for a while for Picassa too.

Back