Google SMS & Indian Railways

vegeta

Disciple
You can now check Indian Railways train schedules & ticket status using google sms.

SMS your PNR number on 9773300000 (No prefix needed) and immediately get your ticket's current status along with other journey related details.

There are no premium charges for this service, only the cost of sending a standard SMS. Incoming messages from Google are not charged.

It also acts as search engine for News, Cricket scores, Definitions, Places, Stock Quotes, etc. Sms "tips" to get all the commands on your mobile.

Source: Google Mobile - SMS

not only PNR status, but you can get Cricket score, Currency Exchange rates, and lots of stuff from there.. I always try everything there.. :)

The good thing is that there is an interactive demo at the page Google Mobile - SMS which you can use for getting PNR status easily.. The results will be there at the mobile image that is shown at the right side of the page. Definitely you can get other info too... :)

i think i found a bug in it. it cant show the currency conversion with space in it.

eg: 5000 inr to jpy = 9_567.33867 Japanese yen ( _ = space here )

put this in the interactive demo field and it does not show results beyond the 9.

:D seems it uses google search to return results. since we get the same space separation format through google search.

It is google search... Its some script that links information via web, compresses the info and converts to simple text... for eg. Stock quotes might be linked to BSE site or something more reliable like it. Same way it would be linked to the railway site since you can check the same thing online !

Few days back i searched for "firangi paani" and it showed three branches in Mumbai w/ address and ph.no (I've set my location to Mumbai) :)

Back