Got 20k at my disposal which ps3 games to get and frm where??

arrow004

Disciple
Planning to spend 20k.Which ps3 games should i go for?? below are a few questions i have in mind and hopefully you people can provide answers to some of them.

1)Especially like FPS games, air combat games and racing games.The games i have already shortlisted are Call of duty:modern warfare 2,Battlefield: Bad Companyâ„¢ 2,Heroes over europe and IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey.There seems to be many editions of these games floating ard like standard edition,limited edition,golden edition ,etc,etc.What do they mean and which ones should i buy?? What other games should i purchase?Pls. dont suggest god of war series...i hate such games.How's ninja gaiden?

2) Also how's is online mutiplayer experience in india in general on ps3?Does it lag if you play these frm india?? Finally how to use multiplayer in india considering psn isn't available here?Do you need a US credit card or something?(Am planning to buy a wifi router for my ps3)

3)How to get hold of these games?Where i live there aren't any shops ard that sell ps3. Is buying online frm sites like milestone interactive,game4u.com and play-asia.com safe and reliable? if i buy frm play-asia.com ,how long will it take for the product to reach me?Will bere be a hold up at the customs or will there be a customs duty imposed on it? Any possibility of games getting damaged during transit?

4)I believe ps3 games aren't region locked so does that mean that i can buy ps3 games frm any region(asia,japan or US) and they will work fine on a ps3 slim i purchased frm sony-world?Anyway which region do we come under----asia,japan or US(i mean as far as ps3 games are concerned)?

Intencity.in is best of lot for getting the games.Best online shooter nowadays is Killzone 2 and BFBC 2.Standard Edition is cheapest other editions are costliest since they have art book some exclusive themes and other stuff.PS3 is either NTSC or PAL so you get games either for PAL or NTSC India and Europe has PAL games.

^^ Already have a ps3.Just haven't used it in a while.Now that i have plenty of time,decided to buy a few games.yes i understand games cost a lost.

Wanted games for 20k not the console itself.

arrow004 said:
^^ Already have a ps3.Just haven't used it in a while.Now that i have plenty of time,decided to buy a few games.yes i understand games cost a lost.

Wanted games for 20k not the console itself.

goddamn it. My apologies. didn't read your post properly. Can you post which games you played till now?

desiibond said:
@arrow004, do remember that the spending on PS3 won't stop with buying the console. The modding would be a big headhache and you can't upgrade firmwares like others coz every firmware release blocks earlier loopholes. it look couple of years to mod PS3 and am not sure if there are many in India who can mod it.

If you keep it legit, the games on PS3 cost a bomb.

with 20k, you can get 120GB PS3 Slim (costs between 19.5k-20k).

Are you on crack? As far as I know PS3 has not been hacked yet so only option one has is to play original games :p

Or are you confusing PS3 with a PS2 :tongue:

arrow004 said:
Planning to spend 20k.Which ps3 games should i go for?? below are a few questions i have in mind and hopefully you people can provide answers to some of them.
1)Especially like FPS games, air combat games and racing games.The games i have already shortlisted are Call of duty:modern warfare 2,Battlefield: Bad Companyâ„¢ 2,Heroes over europe and IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey.There seems to be many editions of these games floating ard like standard edition,limited edition,golden edition ,etc,etc.What do they mean and which ones should i buy?? What other games should i purchase?Pls. dont suggest god of war series...i hate such games.How's ninja gaiden?
2) Also how's is online mutiplayer experience in india in general on ps3?Does it lag if you play these frm india?? Finally how to use multiplayer in india considering psn isn't available here?Do you need a US credit card or something?(Am planning to buy a wifi router for my ps3)
3)How to get hold of these games?Where i live there aren't any shops ard that sell ps3. Is buying online frm sites like milestone interactive,game4u.com and play-asia.com safe and reliable? if i buy frm play-asia.com ,how long will it take for the product to reach me?Will bere be a hold up at the customs or will there be a customs duty imposed on it? Any possibility of games getting damaged during transit?
4)I believe ps3 games aren't region locked so does that mean that i can buy ps3 games frm any region(asia,japan or US) and they will work fine on a ps3 slim i purchased frm sony-world?Anyway which region do we come under----asia,japan or US(i mean as far as ps3 games are concerned)?

1) If you are interested in air combat & racing games, i'd suggest these: DiRT2, H.A.W.X & Grid.

2) Iam using PSN on a 384Kbps & i haven't experienced lag of any kind till now. Everything's going butter smooth. PSN is completely FREE. You don't have to pay anything to play on PSN except for your internet connection.

3) In my opinion its better to buy from Indian sites only. Buying from foreign sites mean it'll take a lot of time to reach here & customs hassles may also be there. Probability of transit damage is also there. My personal suggestion would be to buy from intencity.in.

4) PS3 games are not region locked. You can play the games discs brought from anywhere on your console. Indian consoles are PAL. But remember, BlueRay movie discs are region coded.

Some games which I would buy if I have 20k

MW2

BF2BC2

MAG

MGS4

GT5 (wait for it to launch)

KZ2

Uncharted 2

Tekken 6

Heavy Rain

desiibond said:
@arrow004, do remember that the spending on PS3 won't stop with buying the console. The modding would be a big headhache and you can't upgrade firmwares like others coz every firmware release blocks earlier loopholes. it look couple of years to mod PS3 and am not sure if there are many in India who can mod it.

If you keep it legit, the games on PS3 cost a bomb.

with 20k, you can get 120GB PS3 Slim (costs between 19.5k-20k).

You can't mod a PS3.. Its still the most secure console & no one has yet found a way mod it..

PS3 120GB costs just 17.6K & 250GB costs some 19K..

m-jeri said:
^^^

Search GeoHot PS3 Mod

The last time i read about it, it was still an exploit only. Has anybody released a working PS3 Mod based on GeoHot's exploit?? Yeah, i've read about the PS3 custom firmware, but still can't play copied discs on the PS3.

m-jeri said:
^^^

Search GeoHot PS3 Mod

Show me a link which shows the general public has actually started using the exploit. i.e homebrew applications, games being run off the hard drive or burned media.

@vinay

It was a answer to ur "Its still the most secure console & no one has yet found a way mod it..". :|.

@m-jeri still Geohot was not able to play the ahem game and yes PS3 is still the most secure console until and unless the crack is out for the masses.

m-jeri said:
@vinay

It was a answer to ur "Its still the most secure console & no one has yet found a way mod it..". :|.

The first part of my comment may be debatable as there is a exploit.. Compared with the already mod available Wii & XBOX 360, its more secure system.. Thats what i meant.. But the second part of my comment is all ok since there is no working mod (to use homebrew & play copied discs) available for the PS3..

@OP...

Get some PS3 exclusives...

For ex:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

6. Fight Night Round 4

7. MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

10. Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

11. MotoGP 08

13. Battlefield: Bad Company

14. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2

16. Warhawk

17. Resistance: Fall of Man

18. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

19. GOW3

20. Heavy Rain

21. Infamous

22. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

23. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

These are on my purchase list.

*I was postponing them after some exciting news after which they kinda died away :mad:*

m-jeri said:
@OP...

Get some PS3 exclusives...

For ex:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

6. Fight Night Round 4

7. MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

10. Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

11. MotoGP 08

13. Battlefield: Bad Company

14. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2

16. Warhawk