Got a Hot-Rod :D [Video added]

@ Quad - yes sir. i will post pics tomorrow as i am at office and internet at home is not working. i again have to find my RC remote for burnout video. i will post pics.

@ Rahul -you can always use google for onilne RC sites there are thousands of manufacturers of Quality RC cars... :) pics are coming tomorrow morning.. i must say that u got amazing car.. i wud dream of getting such cars but i dont think its avaliable in mumbai easily as there are very less ppl going for RC car hobby. in my teenage i was crazy for RC cars and i still have 4 RC cars in my collection.

2 monster trucks 1:10 scale. 1 for me and other for my bro (27Mhz in both so cannot race with my bro).was taking 8 AA size batteries each i was so damn crazy i bought 16 AA rechargable sony batteries and was used to recharge everyday and bought 4 chargers and used to play. used to do 360 on this monsters (used to put talcum powder on floor for burnout effect smoke) i also used to drive these monster trucks on road and it was fun seeing their suspension going up and down and used to drive it in rain for burnout. 1 of the monster truck went into waterpool and it stopped working for 2 days until it dried. i was afraid.. it was funtime in my teenage age.

1 Subaru impreza rally Car- 1:24 bad battery life so used it very less though :p

1 F1 Ferrari 1:12 (rechargable battery pack with adapter) lost interest as i got bored of burnout at full acceleration and got satisfaction in burnout and didnt feel like riding at half acceleration

I eventually left interest in RC cars as i didnt have any racers to race with. my bro did race for sometime but he got bored and i can still get my interest back if i get competitor racer :bleh:

RC Car is an amazing sport!! it can beat any other outdoor sports cause its fun driving

nVidiaBeast said:
@ Rahul -you can always use google for onilne RC sites there are thousands of manufacturers of Quality RC cars... :) pics are coming tomorrow morning
yeah but none of them will ship it to india :( ...... anyways i am trying ...... just asked if in case u know :)

no. i always bought from local toy shops. RC sport is not so famous in India so you will hardly find any sites except that big bazaar site i saw. he was offering cheap RC cars for 299 bux but very tiny ones with battery packs i guess

Rahul said:
@nvidiabeast do u know any place/website from where i can order some RC cars ...... i mean cars with Nitro IC engines not batteries :)
What's the price range of these babies abroad, and which sites sell them there?

Oh man, looks good. I have a friend in belapur who's also crazy on these miniatures...

Me I'd rather save up the 8.5K for something really sweet, all the difference between an e6600 and a q6600 :p

@ modded skyline not really rahul. Its just a cheap car that's easy to modify. And power ain't nothing without control. If you've ever driven an M3, or an M5 you'll realise what I mean. Besides next to italian, german and brit engineered cars japs are just cheap wannabes...After awhile its not about power or brutal acceleration. The M3 has this awesome power delivery, and steering is so superb, I have not seen anything like it. Nor will I ever considering my affair with the car was a one night stand (more like a 10 min stand actually), and she was never mine :p

Of course you pay the premium for gallo's and modena's :p, totally worth it if you got the green IMO.

my younger cousin had a mazda rx7 modified to deliver some 540 odd bhp (stock is 125 i believe). Its one of their rotary engines, damn high rpm...He and a friend used to drag n stuff around calder park (melbourne). This is more for kids who want that "kick in the pants" feeling without getting their arses booted. There's a limit to the power even a reinforced chassis and modified brakes can handle. Such cars are only good for tracks, where only the drivers life is on the line.

Mind you i'm not talking about the indian market where 90% of the cars are jap ones :p

@ Quad -will post pic of my F1 tomorrow. yesterday i went home late and then went straight for dinner and immidiately went out.. today ill take pics at home and then post from dial up at night. if possible will find remote and post video of 360 deg burnout. :)

TIP:If anyone want burnout smoke from their RC cars, put a talcum powder on the floor (not too much more not too less) and do burnout on the powder area. your RC wheels will get white though but you can bear that and clean them off later.. its fun watching virtual smoke with good smell rather then rubber smell :lol:

vandal said:
Oh man, looks good. I have a friend in belapur who's also crazy on these miniatures...

Me I'd rather save up the 8.5K for something really sweet, all the difference between an e6600 and a q6600 :p

@ modded skyline not really rahul. Its just a cheap car that's easy to modify. And power ain't nothing without control. If you've ever driven an M3, or an M5 you'll realise what I mean. Besides next to italian, german and brit engineered cars japs are just cheap wannabes...After awhile its not about power or brutal acceleration. The M3 has this awesome power delivery, and steering is so superb, I have not seen anything like it. Nor will I ever considering my affair with the car was a one night stand (more like a 10 min stand actually), and she was never mine :p

Of course you pay the premium for gallo's and modena's :p, totally worth it if you got the green IMO.

my younger cousin had a mazda rx7 modified to deliver some 540 odd bhp (stock is 125 i believe). Its one of their rotary engines, damn high rpm...He and a friend used to drag n stuff around calder park (melbourne). This is more for kids who want that "kick in the pants" feeling without getting their arses booted. There's a limit to the power even a reinforced chassis and modified brakes can handle. Such cars are only good for tracks, where only the drivers life is on the line.

Mind you i'm not talking about the indian market where 90% of the cars are jap ones :p

first of all modding is never cheap ;p

and here i am not talking about cheapo paint and sticker jobs ...... top of line skylines produce around 1000bhp of power and 1200nm of torque is reduce a little but coz gearbox can't take that kind of power :D ...... and everything in right from the chassis is boosted to take that kind of power :) ..... yeah it can't be ur everyday car like ferrari 360 ..... but it will be more enjoyable on track :) ...... but again its depends upon personal choices ...... i like my processor clocked to the max but u like to keep it stock don't u :p

i know ferrari and lambo are different beast all together and so the german companies ...... but i don't agree that japs are just wannabes ..... dude no one make engines as refined as Hondas ;) ..... yeah bmw are close enuf but still they are the best ...... but still i will prefer a modded evo or skyline anyday over a ferrari :p totally hypothetical situation lol .......

Back