Audio Got Altec Lansing MX5021 now what

satanheart

Disciple
guys got my super dupper speakers thanks a lot for ure advice its just tooooooo good.. anyway now need to save up for a sound card????

which one should i get to go with my speakers......

i need something reasonable see if i buy the audigy value or the asus xnor dx will i find any major difference between them i can spend max 4k

satanheart said:
guys got my super dupper speakers thanks a lot for ure advice its just tooooooo good.. anyway now need to save up for a sound card????

which one should i get to go with my speakers......

congrats how much did they cost ??

IMO, For your setup, Xonar DX isnt worth 3k over audigy value...

If i were you, i wud buy audigy value for 1.5k and a pair on decent heaphones for the remaining 2.5k.

[ :p then i would plug MX-5021 into Audigy value and enjoy... When loudness constraint at night, i would plug the 2.5k headphones into the MX-5021's amplified headphone port.. total VFM bliss :) ]

But if i had like "abundant cash" and if i was much more of an Audiophile, then i would spend 4.5k on Xonar DX and then another 6k on Sennheiser HD555 to extract value from Xonar :p

Meh, hook it to a Xonar DX and download the latest modded STX drivers for it. Keep the bass at 2~3, treble at 3, volume at 3 (system volume at 50% ~ subjective!), play your regular dose of genre and let it burn-in over a period of a week to a fortnight!

Oh and start downloading FLACs to know what it sounds like on a good setup! :D

PS: Congrats!

Get a Xonar DX :) I feel bad that I am using my MX-5021 with onboard sound :ashamed:. Never mind they still sound pretty good.

Will save up and get a Sound card soon.

Not really, well ok he might if you bargain REALLY hard or if he knows you well enough. But othwerise he rips off newbies like crazy

even golcha is good.......enquire with others also....some of them give lesser than both the guys. I got a quote for logitech X 540-5k incl tax frm one of the shops after i showed them quotes frm ankit.

hunt3r said:
Not really, well ok he might if you bargain REALLY hard or if he knows you well enough. But othwerise he rips off newbies like crazy
well thats with all the dealers in sp road, unless you are regular at thr shop(got screwed atleast once in the past ;) ), and bargaining well thats what we are suppose to do at places like sp road, and satanheart aufcourse u can try others as well, get a best price and do post up for other peeps at TE as well
cheers and all the best!!

Back