Storage Solutions Got both Verbatim & Mitsubishi DVD's :D

Don't know if this actually merits a new thread but, but hell we've had threads for worse reasons..I guess this ain't too bad a reason! :p

The Disks :
  • Mitsubishi 16X DVD-R
  • Verbatim 16X DVD-R

DVD-Identifier identified both of them to be made by Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp. & the manufacturer ID for both : MCC 03RG20 (Grade-1 media according to DigitalFaq ;) )

Now for the burn & scan Test:

Mitsubishi

Verbatim

Obvious Question: Damages:
Rs. 225/- for 10-spindle pack of Mitsubishi
Rs. 220/- for 10-spindle pack of Verbatim

Pretty good..ehh? ;)

the verbatim is the better media (though same i like it more) , but i ENVY :)) you to have both of them. in between u got it from delhi which place ??

MCC discs are good.... for the past 1 and a half years, I have been using ONLY MCC discs.....

They may not be as good as TY, but they are very good for the price I paid.

Congrats AMD !!

Mitsubishi disks are also available at :

Vision Infotech
212,eros appartment 56 nehru place new delhi-19
Phones : 26224441 , 26404644

@TH : I don't remember the building name..Must be either Vishal Bhawan..If not, then the building adjacent to it..In any case, its in the same row as Computer Empire..

He had around 5-6 spindle-pack o' 10 yesterday but this is the first time I found Verbatim with any dealer at NP..So just bought 1 pack to check if its the real stuff..;)

As for Mitsubishi, there's only ONE dealer that keeps stock of 16X DVD-R's, and thats the one mentioned by Arjun above..

Vision Infotech is one of only 2 authorised distributors of Mitsubishi media in India (as per Mitsu's website) so buying from there would mean guaranteed good stuff I guess..

EDIT: The only other one is in Kolkata IIRC

ye man....just check up for Moser Baer DVD +R's over there too wld ya.....i dont wanna go over there and find out i just travelled 30km for nothing

deepak said:
ye man....just check up for Moser Baer DVD +R's over there too wld ya.....i dont wanna go over there and find out i just travelled 30km for nothing
moser baer dvd+r are not that good , just the avg medis. infact according to digital faq its 3rg grade media. but i have HP DVD +R they are made by moser baer only and the quality seems just fine. btw they are available @ 22 bucks the last time i got them.

ya....i ve been using mb +r for a long time now...and i make a habbit of checking all my dvds for quality test afterwards....all of em go 94+ usually 96-97

so dunno abt the quality ratings....altho i have had some bad experiences with mb -r's (give 50-60 quality score)

i really never go fro moser baer dvd-r 16x , simply coz they dont work good on my laptop they write at only 2 x and 4x for some reason., or may be i have had the bad batch of dvd-r so i prefer to buy +dvdr though they sell at a premium near my place of 22 bucks considering moser baer is just 19 20 but the + dvdr have always worked good on my lappy n pc . lets c i will be out shopping these verbs n mitusu's soon hoping that these work good on my laptop :)

Back