Got my iPhone 3GS

Asky

Adept
So I finally stopped dreaming and just went to the nearest ATT store to get myself an iPhone :hap2:

I went with the 16GB 3GS Black model. Love it so far and haven't even looked at all the features yet.

Got the OtterBox Defender case for it. I thought it would be too bulky and heavy but I have no complaints. May switch to Quattro T4 in the future.

Ordered the Samsung WEP870 Bluetooth Headset from Newegg :D

...And FiiO E1 Headphone Amplifier is ordered but yet to arrive.

Will update the thread when i receive those two!

I was thinking of getting the "Zagg invisibleSHIELD" in addition to the defender but want to know if there are known issues with the screen usage ?

Phew!

Thanks

Sei said:
Congrats man! Wish buying it was as simple as you just mentioned. :(

It isn't trust me. I have been wanting to get this ever since the original iPhone came out. It's only now that I can afford it :)

Asky said:
Thanks
It isn't trust me. I have been wanting to get this ever since the original iPhone came out. It's only now that I can afford it :)

You could have got yourself the "Nexus one" buddy :bleh:
3GS is alright, but Nexus is gonna be the one to beat I'm told :p

Asky said:
Thanks

If they had the same kind of subscription offer here in India, I would have bought it a long time back. But when you have to shell Rs. 35-40k (~$700-$800) in one go, it's not affordable anymore :(

Congo Buddy..

That Phone has been in my WishList for so Long..

BTW go for GadgetShieldz instead of Zagg..

i'm using it on my iPhone 3G.no differences between the two

it'll cost you about $7.

I hate the Zagg Invisible Sheild. Gets all Yellow and peeling after a couple of months.

Congrats on the 3GS. I love mine.

McAgnel said:
You could have got yourself the "Nexus one" buddy :bleh:

3GS is alright, but Nexus is gonna be the one to beat I'm told :p

I know but as someone who has used an Android phone and even developed on the Android platform (thus giving it an extra chance to be liked :p) I STILL someone like the iPhone better.

I don't care about the hardware, MAYBE multitasking on the iPhone would have been great but that's about it. Then again I haven't really used smartphones so much!

desiibond said:
Congrats on your purchase.

Btw, isn't that Fiio E1's cable a bit longer than necessary length?

It does look kinda long although I haven't received it yet. Will update this along with some other stuff once i get the E1.

@all

Thanks again!

I've got a Fiio E1.The cable is not only a bit long but it's also a bit stiff and thick .Also the clip on the amp isn't perfect,so it gets a bit difficult to properly set it up .The control buttons are spaced close together so you might end up pressing forward/next track instead of increasing volume.

Mainly there are few designs in the flaws but the Sound Quality is really good.Clean quality audio & lot better than the stock iphone sound. :)

Congrats! Don't forget to jailbreak your phone to have some essential stuff running like Multi-tasking etc..

Pat said:
Congrats! Don't forget to jailbreak your phone to have some essential stuff running like Multi-tasking etc..

I wanted to use it on Stock FW for a couple of months before Jailbreaking it. However, I read on many websites that a 3GS MC Model with 3.1.3 Update cannot be Jailbroken (..some even say EVER...) , is this true ?

I seem to be confused reading all the articles. Mine's an MC Model iPhone and i updated to the 3.1.3 firmware :S

Back