Audio Got new iPod 5G. what all to do?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All,

I got me a ipod 5G 32GB. First Apple product. confused. Please tell me what all to do.

Version is 6.1.3

1. Jail break?
2. How to copy all the songs i want? not just what itunes let me.

Thanks.

@m-jeri

Jailbreak is out of question for you since the iOS version is 6.1.3 which is non jailbreakable and will probably stay that way. Hard luck on that front.

Let me warn you that this is a iOS device and do not treat it as an android else you will be very very disappointed and frustrated due to restrictions the device may pose in doing trival tasks.

Coming to copying songs, the only proper way of doing that is unfortunately itunes.Assuming you have songs on your PC/Laptop that you want to put in your iPod, i suggest you open iTunes and go to
File -> Add folder to library and add all the music folders together in one go to iTunes. In this way you can also manage your music through iTunes.

Now assuming you do not want all your music but only selective ones, i suggest you make a playlist so that you can sync that playlist with your device (rather than entire library). Add the albums and songs you want to this playlist, all from iTunes. You can right click an album or individual song to do so.

Remember that if your music folders already have the m3u playlists then those will be listed under iTunes, you can ignore those. Just concentrate on the playlist that YOU just created.

Now connect your iPod to your laptop with iTunes started. On top right you should see your touch listed, click that and you will be on main tab in iTunes "Summary" with a pic of the touch and some information like serial number, space etc.
Go to Music tab and check the box that says "Sync Music" and then select the radio button which says "Selected playlists, artists......."
And then from below select YOUR playlist and click SYNC (bottom of iTunes) and then you will start seeing that songs being copied to your iPod.
After sync is complete, click DONE on top right and check your MUSIC in iPod and see if all songs have come or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mates..

So no jailbreak eh??? :( :( :(

See the itunes are ignoring few songs. DRM issue? I want to add ALL the songs in my library

Thanks mates..

So no jailbreak eh??? :( :( :(

See the itunes are ignoring few songs. DRM issue? I want to add ALL the songs in my library

It happened with me too till I had my iPod Touch 5. I dunno if it's a DRM issue though.

I would suggest you try selling your iPod touch now, as It's new, and as you bought it from abroad (i think?) you would still not make a loss, and probably will make a profit. Buy one when a jailbreak comes out, because frankly an iPod touch without jailbreak is a very restrictive device.

and I managed to convert my entire library into legit apps.
I for one,dont have any specific apps which needs jailbreak.

use app sliced for finding apps on discount or free.

^^Pirating apps is not the only reason for which people jailbreak but yes that is one of the reasons for many.
But there are so many other tweaks that make jailbreaking worth it.

and I managed to convert my entire library into legit apps.
I for one,dont have any specific apps which needs jailbreak.

use app sliced for finding apps on discount or free.

Believe me, the less you know the better. Only find out what a JB can do for you when you truly intend to JB i.e. when you are truly missing functionality in your device. Once you know what all is possible, you will not wait 2 mins to JB your device.

Already have it in my bag... installed the apps i normally use and some vids..enough for now.

Only the fact that i cant load up all the songs i want is bothering me. Rest is all ok.

I have been using Ipod Touch 4G 64GB since last 2.5 years. Mostly use it for few apps and songs and videos. Somes of my apps are paid and most of them are free. Never JBed it, as i never felt the need to do so.
Had a library of flacs worth 50GB. Initially you find it difficult to use iTunes, but once you get used to it, you wont find any issues. You can do as @raksrules said. You have an option of adding a folder filled with sings.

I have been using Ipod Touch 4G 64GB since last 2.5 years. Mostly use it for few apps and songs and videos. Somes of my apps are paid and most of them are free. Never JBed it, as i never felt the need to do so.
Had a library of flacs worth 50GB. Initially you find it difficult to use iTunes, but once you get used to it, you wont find any issues. You can do as @raksrules said. You have an option of adding a folder filled with sings.

Quite a small music collection you got there. Did you converted it to ALAC before transferring?

Quite a small music collection you got there. Did you converted it to ALAC before transferring?
Yep, it so happened that later on 64 GB was not enough for flacs. My collection only has Western and Indian Classical.
But then we cant listen to 64Gbs of music in few hours now, can we? :)
I always have the option of changing the songs.

Try Kuaiyong. If you want to install paid apps on your touch without jailbreaking. Google it and you will find its step by step tutorial.

Just one thing though, i believe the apps downloaded using that chinese thing will be lost when the next time you sync your iPod (if sync apps is checked in the apps tab on iTunes). Correct me if i am wrong.
I personally never sync my apps when connected to iTunes.

Back