got the proposal to open Gaming lounge in Chennai

Hi to TE

it give me immense pleasure to say that shortly in mid of sep we may open Console or PC gaming lounge in Chennai . Some person from chennai has shown interest to open gaming lounge as franchise .

Presently the invester has a place in chennai for which i wanted to know all T.E. members opinion whether the place is suitable for console or PC lounge or not. Special request to people who have been to chennai or who are presently in Chennai.

As if place get good vote i will sure visit and approve it.

Place we have------------G196 spencer plaza....

area is 400-500sq feet.

location is ground floor.

just give me hint that area will be good for console gaming lounge or not

the word console or pc ,i have used in this convevrstation is bcz my investor is interested more into PC lounge also.

please let me know will PC lounge will be also good in that area/

Desecrator said:
This isn't IVG!

Ctrl + C & Ctrl + V err.
lol
@OP
Spencer Plaza is one of the biggest shopping malls in Chennai and thousands of people visit it every day.
However, shouldn't you be doing some kind of proper study/survey rather than asking people on forums?

hi anshul_coolguy

hmm i see so u are plan to set up your own business at spenera plaza

btw if your need to put more good config and nice monster rig with gpu card like gtx 460 or 5770 can handle 1080 p

also post some ATi and Nvidia logo banner advisement and also promote code like headphone mouse and much more from brand like Roccat , razor steel series and much more

also make sure install proper camera and lock the cabinet for avoid theft hardware from someone also set up the account billing or login depend on user will login for how many hour surf net or fix billing software depend on hour playing or surf net ;)

btw if u need photos u can pm me i have at my facebook's profile ;)

@thanks to everyone for suggestion..

i will be doing survey anyhow..will be visiting chennai later this month but was wondering the suggestion can be put across from your TE members.

@reason i asked in forum-

1)i will find more gamer of chennai ,here rather then standing in front of spencer mall

2)People over here are more into PC gaming.

@we have offically tie up for gaming mice and keyboard and we have got good setup ...for these PC Rigs.

@we have investor who has place in chennai and wanted to know that PC would be better or COnsole.

anyway will wait for more suggestion and all the recommendation would be considered as facts.

cheers

Which phase is the place on? if its on the 2nd phase get it eyes closed..but still there has been a drastic drop in the amt of people visiting Sp plaza ,as they turn off the Ac's due to some power shortage reasons..If that is not the case anymore then u got urself a deal!!

Spencer plaza is no longer what it used to be .... it used to the only place hangout a few years back but its no longer the case. There are some other gaming parlors but not console /pc plus there is bowling arena there to ... 3rd phase is relatively newer part of the place and is less crowded compared to the others. The ac shut off thing might be something you might experience across chennai because of power shortages. A lot of commercial buildings are given no power several hours a day ...

I've visited Chennai and Spencer Plaza many times. I must admit it's a great mall in a very centralized and convenient location. The place is bustling with people over the weekend.

As for the cafes in Chennai, one of the most expensive and well done up places I've been to is Blur @ Satyam in Chennai which incidentally also happens to be a console and PC parlor. Think about competition as well. Also location in Spencer Plaza will have to be good to attract customers. That can be solved with adequate advertisements though.

As for the AC not working in the day, I've experienced it and personally didn't have a problem with it. It can be a problem during the Chennai summer though. It can get terribly hot with the result being people flocking towards the mall only to find themselves disappointed :).

Give it some serious thought before you go ahead with it. Meet a few people from Chennai who are in Gaming Cafe/Retail Game Business.

All the best!

Do check out Express Avenue if you can. Proximity to Sathyam - which has a fantastic gaming section in Blur btw (probably the best among the large scale ones in the country) - and a high profile crowd in EA might attract more folks as also higher revenues.

Back