GPRS on Blackberry

So guys I am considering buying a BB soon , I checked the Blackberry Service Traiff on Airtel's site , its Rs499 / and higher plans .

Now I am using Rs 99 / Month EDGE on my Tmobile G1 right now , Will i be able to use the same plan on BB as well and connect to the Blackberry Messenger ? If yes , what's the point of BB service :S

For proper blackberry functioning you need to subscribe to the BIS/BES Service. You can go for a BBPL (Blackberry Prosumer Lite) plan which is around 299/- + tax in which you can get access to 10 mail address, BB Messenger and all other Messengers like Yahoo, Gtalk, MSN etc. but you would not be able to browse internet, use Facebook, Google Maps or Flicker (You need to subscribe to full plan for these which is around 1299/-)

There is a guide on Techtree which can help you use normal GPRS plan but that is more or less useless as you would not be able to access all features of BB like Facebook, Google Maps or Flicker, BB messenger etc. Also your Push mail will not work with GPRS.

So in short you have to go for a min 299/- plan apart from your talk plan if you wanna use BB.

I have a BB 8520, I tried that techtree guide. Doesn't work with airtel. Swapped my airtel sim with my friends vodaofone with normal GPRS and ... houston we had lift off.
In short, I am switching to vodafone.

Back