Car & Bike GPS for my car

Need a gps for my car that offers voice guidance and automatic route recalculation in case you miss a turn and detailed street level maps.Don't need any "fancy" stuff like music or video playback. How is this one :- http://www.mapmyindi...t/overview.html . Is the 8.9 cm screen good enough or do i need to buy one with a bigger screen?? Also what abt the software.Does it come free or do you to purchase it additionally ?? What abt yearly updates? Anything else i should pay attention to while buying one?

We gifted this recently to a colleague of ours, and it is pretty nice and detailed. Maps / support for the first year is free, further upgrades are chargeable.

That said, if the screen size isn't an issue, I would suggest using a phone based GPS for navigation as that would justify the price, as also be something you can take along everywhere - even when not in your car. MMI themselves provide some, else you can get Sygic which uses MMI.

I also feel getting a dedicated GPS is a bit too much unless you drive around a lot and go on long trips. Then a large screen makes sense.

MMI themselves provide some, else you can get Sygic which uses MMI.
Is there someway that I can run mapmyindia on a Windows Phone?

I haven't used a standalone GPS long enough to be able to compare, but a standalone is supposed to do better than the one on a phone. That said, my phone has never given up on me - except on a few instances when I didn't charge it and so it died in a long journey.

Back