Budget 0-20k GPU buying advice for multi monitor setup, non gaming use

D C

Adept
My brothers needs to use 2 monitors (3rd to be added later), for non gaming use.
Looking for cheapest possible gpu which can do three basic 1080p60 monitors, preferable hdmi or display port.

I found this gpu
It's a refreshed GT 710 with 4 hdmi outputs.
The anandtech page for it mentions max resolution for one monitor is 4k60, more than one is 4k30.
I couldn't find any information if this refresh rate limitation applies at 1080p monitors too. Because 1080p30 would be not a good experience.
Please let me if there is any information regarding multi 1080p monitors.

Please do suggest any other gpus with fit my requirements.

Thank you.

Even the regular GT710 with one DVI and one normal HDMI port would handle 2x 1080p60 no issues. There are many DVI to HDMI adapters available.

Just above the price of this 4x HDMI card, you can go for the cheapest quadro, the P400 or the T400 that supports 3x 5k60 or 3x 4k120 outputs thru three miniDisplay Port 1.4 outs.

My brothers needs to use 2 monitors (3rd to be added later), for non gaming use.
Looking for cheapest possible gpu which can do three basic 1080p60 monitors, preferable hdmi or display port.

I found this gpu
It's a refreshed GT 710 with 4 hdmi outputs.
The anandtech page for it mentions max resolution for one monitor is 4k60, more than one is 4k30.
I couldn't find any information if this refresh rate limitation applies at 1080p monitors too. Because 1080p30 would be not a good experience.
Please let me if there is any information regarding multi 1080p monitors.

Please do suggest any other gpus with fit my requirements.

Thank you.
See the anandtech article you linked to : this card lowers video quality to fit 4k60 at a lower HDMI port bandwidth. For non-gaming, or non-video outputs, the display might suck very hard.

Like Psycho_McCrazy talks about Quadro, I would also say Quadro is your best bet. Cheap ones are available for less than 10k, some second hand ones also keep popping up on TE and OLX.

See the anandtech article you linked to : this card lowers video quality to fit 4k60 at a lower HDMI port bandwidth. For non-gaming, or non-video outputs, the display might suck very hard.

Like Psycho_McCrazy talks about Quadro, I would also say Quadro is your best bet. Cheap ones are available for less than 10k, some second hand ones also keep popping up on TE and OLX.
You were right, it seems to lower image quality if more than one display used.
Also, this article mentions 60hz limit without the resolution.

I'll take a look at quadros now.

Back