Budget 31-40k GPU buying query.

My PC has following specs:
Ryzen 5 3500
8GB x 2 Corsair Vengeance
MSI A320 M PRO mobo
Antec NeoEco 550M 80 Plus Bronze Certified 550 Watt Modular SMPS
WD blue 500GB NVME M.2 drive (boot drive)
WD blue 2TB SSD sata drive
LG Ultragear 34" 1440p monitor
GPU is GT610 2GB (temp) since my primary MSI RX 570 ARMOR 8GB died on me around 6 months ago.

Everyone knows about the GPU market then so bought the gt610 as just display solution, so as to keep the machine running. Now the things a improving a little so thought of going for a new gpu.

My budget is around 35k so any suggestions would be appreciated. Should I wait for the Intel Arc to launch and assess the market then and buy or is there any good offerings now. Looked through Amazon, Prime abgb, m d computers etc. Haven't been into gaming for quite some time so would like to get back into gaming stuff again.

Or do you think Xbox or PlayStation. But I do like mouse and keyboard feel while gaming.

I do have another pc for my work so this will be pure for gaming. Don't require ultra settings while gaming but good smooth experience with high settings will do.

Wait for a little bit longer. Prices are GPU are slowly coming down and you might be able to get a proper 3060 in your budget pretty soon.

Also it's worth waiting for Intel to launch their GPU. Although it is not expected to be ground breaking but more competition leads to better products for the end consumer.

Exactly, same as above. If you have a tight budget buy 3060 because of DLSS or if you can stretch by waiting a couple more months then get the 3060ti (it's worth it). Gaming on 1440p with these cards in future might be an issue you have to face. For current and past games it's fine but future games may demand more power than a 3060ti for 1440p high settings.

3060Ti should cost less than 40k. Wait for the price drop. Anything more than 40k, consider yourself robbed.

If you have budget to buy games, Xbox and Playstation are better. Only issue is that you cannot upgrade components in consoles.
Controller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> k/b+mouse. But then, you can also get the xbox controller for PC.

Thanks guys, I was also thinking of waiting a bit more since I have been waiting already. And true, if I could get a 3060 or even 3060ti within 40k then it would be great.

As for console, suppose if I get one, wouldn't the xbox s with game pass a good deal. Since it's available but PS5 isn't. Yes advantage with PC is that its upgradable but games for console will run on it smoothly as long as games a made for that particular console, so no upgrade required. Just for argument sake.

But me more inclined towards PC as I am more familiar with it and I'm bit old school suppose. Had a PS2 long time back but liked my pc more for gaming.

Like everyone said above , waiting for sometime will be a great idea as GPU prices are falling.
Also lots of used card will be available at a good price as new launches are nearing.

Back