Graphic Cards Graphic card performance in BF3

Aces170

ex-Mod
Techreport has a very nice article discussing the graphic card performance in BF3. They have a very nice method of judging performance:

Now, frame rates like those above only tell part of the story. Graphing individual frame rendering times, as we did in our article Inside the second: A new look at game benchmarking, gives us a much better sense of overall smoothness and playability. In a perfect world, we'd want cards to spit out frames in about 16.7 miliseconds each (which would mean 60 frames rendered per second). Just as importantly, we'd want to ensure consistently low frame rendering times. Even momentary spikes in frame rendering times can translate into perceived choppiness—and overall FPS numbers can't capture that.

Today's mid-range GPUs in Battlefield 3 - The Tech Report - Page 1

So although AMD and Nvidia cards would be spewing similar average FPS, spikes on AMD cards were higher in certain missions, while Nvidia was having issues in certain scenes. A very interesting concept, which is not limited to just BF3. Check out the earlier article detailing the method.

Nice roundup :) , but no coverage of GTX 460 & HD 6850 in ULTRA settings.

i think DICE can optimize this to run more smoothly, what they have done is Good :) but a better of ...

&

" The visuals is good enough to put CRYSIS to SHAME "

NO WAY !!!

^ Yup finished campaign MP stats Rank 8 :p .

But i just don't get in which way is BF3 superior to CRYSIS ??? Apart from Lighting, Gameplay & some heavy duty textures, DX 11 Tessellation.

This comes nowhere close to CRYSIS, Crysis in its own way was a visual treat & BF3 is too :D but comparing or saying BF3 is uncle sam here is not justified .

Have a look at this Crysis Best Photorealistic Graphics Ever (HD) - Download Links Included - YouTube

Though this is just a MOD, tweaks , its an 5 year old Engine & Yet there's no one to touch its Toes .

Just My personal Opinion am not prejudice against BF3 !!! @ the end of the we are just GAMERS :D !!!

Aces170 said:
Techreport has a very nice article discussing the graphic card performance in BF3. They have a very nice method of judging performance:

So although AMD and Nvidia cards would be spewing similar average FPS, spikes on AMD cards were higher in certain missions, while Nvidia was having issues in certain scenes. A very interesting concept, which is not limited to just BF3. Check out the earlier article detailing the method.

Interesting method, and seems quite scientific in their approach. Frame generation, and how long it takes to generate it. Shows consistency and where we get immense spikes is bad. Really nice.

Thanks for this share.

hmm..played through the campaign at ultra settings with 4xMSAA+ FXAA High. Had a really smooth experience on my set-up. Never dipped below 60 fps. Will be getting lost in the MP from tomorrow. I also feel Crysis 1 had really great graphics and BF3 is the first game to have surpassed it.

Back