Graphic.... intoxicated, Network.... gigafied !!

damn!!! thats a sexy card :D

but u shud've have got the atomic edition....the best part of that bundle is the sexy briefcase....i would put it in a showcase or sumthing :D

hunt3r said:
why specifically this card?

Reasons:

1) ATi has better IQ than nVidia.

2) 8800GT performs 10%-12% better than HD3870, but power consumption is also 10%-15% more. this runs much cooler and I can live with slight performance gap.

3) The Vapor-X cooler. It's quite, It's effective, what's there to complain? :)

4) I can't softmod 8800GT into FireGL 8600 now, can I? :eek:hyeah:

5) I have been using nVidia all my life... everyone needs a change now and then!

6) Plus I got hell of deal for custom made card, rather than regular crop of ref. card with custom stickers these days.

iGo said:
Reasons:

1) ATi has better IQ than nVidia.

2) 8800GT performs 10%-12% better than HD3870, but power consumption is also 10%-15% more. this runs much cooler and I can live with slight performance gap.

3) The Vapor-X cooler. It's quite, It's effective, what's there to complain? :)

4) I can't softmod 8800GT into FireGL 8600 now, can I? :eek:hyeah:

5) I have been using nVidia all my life... everyone needs a change now and then!

6) Plus I got hell of deal for custom made card, rather than regular crop of ref. card with custom stickers these days.

I would agree with 1, im an ati fanboy myself :p Nv has caught up with this gen though. Power consumption isnt that much higher, maybe 10% max from what ive read. As far as the other points go, unless u wanted it specifically for softmodding into a firegl card, i still see no significant reason. But to each his own so congrats again. enjoy :)

Edit: Idle power consumption though is a LOT les

Well... I couldn't sleep last night, so decided to play around with my graphic card. Using ATi OverDrive, I was able to reach 875/1277 from default 800/1152 :eek:hyeah: !!

Ran a quick 3Dmark '06... and score jumped from 11291 to 12242. That's decent gain of 951 marks (approx 8%). :cool2:
All this while temp remained 45º at idle and 68º on load. The Vapor-X cooler seems to take his job pretty seriously there. :)

Back