Graphic Cards Graphics card for 12k

Hmmm i got that part! But if for 4K more i get a better card i think i will go for it. Cause the R9 270X beats the GTX 660.

The R9 270x is slightly better than the 660 in a few games while offering similar performance in others. Your PSU should handle the 270x but its not recommended. AMD recommends a 500W PSU for the 270x albeit a low spec 500W PSU.

Last edited:
An interesting indicator for whether your PSU will handle a certain GPU is looking at the number of PCI-e power connectors. A 270x uses 2 PCI-e power connectors; but the CM EP 460W has only 1. If even the PSU manufacturer didn't intend for it to drive a GPU with 2 PCI-e power connectors, then you can be certain you're skating on thin ice :)

Thank you for the link! I think it will available for lesser at the store (MD computers).

Their monitors retail for around 500 to 700Rs less :)

@shanx

Which one did you end up buying? I'm also in a similar situation but with VX 450 and an overclocked Phenom II X4 940.

An interesting indicator for whether your PSU will handle a certain GPU is looking at the number of PCI-e power connectors. A 270x uses 2 PCI-e power connectors; but the CM EP 460W has only 1. If even the PSU manufacturer didn't intend for it to drive a GPU with 2 PCI-e power connectors, then you can be certain you're skating on thin ice :)

VX 450 has one PCI-E power connector. So is it better to go for R7 265 (which uses a single power connector) rather than R9 270x?

VX450 was praised in its days for its quality but my PSU is now around 5 yrs old and don't know if it is ok to push it with a brand new card.

R7 265 is not a too much power hungry card so VS450 should be OK as long as it's not showing any sign of malfunction you can continue using it.

There's 15 - 20W difference between R7 265 and R9 270x. With your current cpu R9 270x is Ok for the PSU but the cpu may bottleneck the performance of R9 270x.

Back