Graphic Cards Graphics Card for HD Movies - with HDMI

AMITNOIDA

Disciple
I need a graphics card for my PC with following config:

Motherboard: Biostar I45
Processor : Intel E-8400
PSU: Corsair HX-620
RAM: 2x2 GB

The card price may be Rs. 8k max. The card should have HDMI so that I can connect my PC to my Panny Plasma. I am open to buy an used one also, if the deal is attractive.

Please suggest

U need a card for gaming or for HD Movies? If just for watching HD movies then even HD5450 ~ 2.7k is enough...

+1 to what Hades said. Any of the current or even the earlier generation cards from nVidia/ATI_AMD will do.

Most of the cards below 4k will be passiveley cooled which will be even better since you will require it to be a quiet performer. Just ensure that there is sufficient air-flow in the casing.
CPU: Corsair HX-620
Its a PSU not a CPU :). Any particular reason you bought this? From your current config, it is severely underutilised and even a 400/450 watt one would have sufficed.

pr0ing said:
+1 to what Hades said. Any of the current or even the earlier generation cards from nVidia/ATI_AMD will do.

Most of the cards below 4k will be passiveley cooled which will be even better since you will require it to be a quiet performer. Just ensure that there is sufficient air-flow in the casing.

Its a PSU not a CPU :). Any particular reason you bought this? From your current config, it is severely underutilised and even a 400/450 watt one would have sufficed.
Thanks Hades and Pe0ing for your responses. Yes, it is a PSU not CPU. I've corrected it. The reason for my selection of Corsair HX-620 was a Palit 4870 1 GB sonic card and to keep room for future upgradation. My son used to play games in it. Now, the card is got damaged and out of warranty and couldn't be repaired by Palit service centre. Moreover, my son does not play games now-a-days due to study poressure. So my PC use will be more for Internet surfing and HD Movie viewing through my Panny Plasma.

observing, if your son would play games socially or not so i recommend, your should buy basic 5770 where it has less power consumer and u can get asus or some brand which it has HDMI port

or u can lock the account user for block games user ;) if u are using windows 7

@Amit

Are u sure ur son wont play games in the future? If he will then go ahead and buy HD5770... :) Kids can leave a lot ov things but gaming is not one of them :p

Disclaimer: Its my assumption... :p

Can you guys tell me the comparison between HD5770 and GTX 460 Graphics card? I am not interested for dual fan card, as the same are bulky and consume more space. GTX460 card, as I have heard have HDMI 1.4. My TV is Panasonic 42V20D and as far as I know, my TV have HDMI 1.3. Does HDMI 1.4 in GPU make any improvement in PQ / sound ?

AMITNOIDA said:
Can you guys tell me the comparison between HD5770 and GTX 460 Graphics card? I am not interested for dual fan card, as the same are bulky and consume more space. GTX460 card, as I have heard have HDMI 1.4. My TV is Panasonic 42V20D and as far as I know, my TV have HDMI 1.3. Does HDMI 1.4 in GPU make any improvement in PQ / sound ?

Wikipedia:

HDMI 1.4a was released on March 4, 2010 and adds two additional mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content, which was deferred with HDMI 1.4 in order to see the direction of the 3D broadcast market.[114][115] HDMI 1.4a has defined mandatory 3D formats for broadcast, game, and movie content.[114] HDMI 1.4a requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24, side-by-side horizontal at either 1080i50 or 1080i60, and top-and-bottom at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24

Back