Graphic Cards Graphics Card Query on Chassis

sarveshm123

Disciple
Hi Guys, I have CM Elite RC 310 chassis and would like to know If it can accommodate Radeon HD 5850 or Radeon HD 4890 / 4870 cards? The chassis documents says GPU should not be more than 220mm and above cards are somewhere around 260mm. But I hv seen on few forums people have clubbed this chassis and these high-end GPU`s. Can any shed some light on this ?:)

Yeah you can fit the HD 5850 into a CM 310 Elite, a bit tight and chances to overheat but it will work :), get yourself a decent SMPS like VX 550 more importantly. Hope this helped

Thanks for the reply but couple of people who own 5850 hv advised against it. I got Coolermaster GX550W PSU. So i am through on the PSU side but fitting is very tricky issue. I checked the website of coolermaster RC 310 its shows the length from chassis end to hard drive bay 275mm which is more than enuff for 5850. Still in doubt :D

@neojjjk Yes, i measured the card slot area upto the hdd bay , it measures 280mm. HD5850 measures 260mm so it can accommodate it. Maybe heating can be of some issue in it.

Back