Graphic Cards Graphics card - suggestion please

AMITNOIDA

Disciple
I need a graphics card for my PC with following config:

Motherboard: Biostar I45
Processor : Intel E-8400
CPU: Corsair HX-620
RAM: 2x2 GB

The card price may be Rs. 8k max. The card should have HDMI/ Video Out so that I can connect my PC to my Sony LED TV while playing HD .mkv (movie) files.

Please suggest

The ATi HD 5770 get the MSI HAWK edition ~ 8K < inclusive taxes Bangalore >

Even if ATi doesn't have HDMI 1.4a the overall changes in between 1.3 and 1.4a are minimal <nVidia still doesn't route audio through its HDMI system while ATi got it in the concurrent 5*** series> + the gaming performance of the 5*** series is slightly better.

Anyways OP won't play 3D on this level so there the two cards are tied. Bench - GPU11 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News -- The HD 5770 puts down the GTS 450 handily in all benches.

Thanks Sourav, Zloyd, Sumit, Hades, Jojo, Harish and Alpha for your suggestion. The suggestions are :
MSI HD5770 Hawk - 70% vote
Zotac GTS450 - 15% vote
GTX460 1gb (second hand) - 15% vote

Majority suggested MSI HD5770 Hawk. If I am not wrong, MSI has service centre at Delhi. So, from that point of view also, MSI HD5770 is worth considering.
Thank you once again.

ALPHA17 said:
The ATi HD 5770 get the MSI HAWK edition ~ 8K < inclusive taxes Bangalore >

Even if ATi doesn't have HDMI 1.4a the overall changes in between 1.3 and 1.4a are minimal <nVidia still doesn't route audio through its HDMI system while ATi got it in the concurrent 5*** series> + the gaming performance of the 5*** series is slightly better.

Anyways OP won't play 3D on this level so there the two cards are tied. Bench - GPU11 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News -- The HD 5770 puts down the GTS 450 handily in all benches.

If you mean Bitstreaming then it is done by nVidia HD audio (I have a GT 430) . It also has support for CUDA which AMD doesn't.

Plus it is worth considering the drivers of nVidia, they are better than AMD's.

AMITNOIDA said:
Thanks Sourav, Zloyd, Sumit, Hades, Jojo, Harish and Alpha for your suggestion. The suggestions are :

MSI HD5770 Hawk - 70% vote

Zotac GTS450 - 15% vote

GTX460 1gb (second hand) - 15% vote

Majority suggested MSI HD5770 Hawk. If I am not wrong, MSI has service centre at Delhi. So, from that point of view also, MSI HD5770 is worth considering.

Thank you once again.

You are welcome.

U have good Pc Config. Better buy used gpu card u save money and get high one for cheap price. Btw what model of Sony led tv u have bought. Last week i had bought Sony EX710 32" inches for 43k. Rocking good with PS3, Xbox o360 and PC.

PHYXS is supported in only few games which are marked nVidia optimized + Havok is an open-source library go figure.

^^ Thanks for adding that. I knew Havok was supported by ATi & Intel.

But for the near future, it will be PhysiX FTW.

I love the visuals on Batman Arkham Asylum & the recently shown trailer of Batman Arkham City.

ganesh_2218 said:
U have good Pc Config. Better buy used gpu card u save money and get high one for cheap price. Btw what model of Sony led tv u have bought. Last week i had bought Sony EX710 32" inches for 43k. Rocking good with PS3, Xbox o360 and PC.
I was about to purchase Sony 40Ex710 @ 69.9k. But after seeing Panasonic Plasma 42V20D @ 63k, I am changing my mind. Best option is to wait for Cricket WC in Feb'11. But most probably, I may go for Pana 42V20D.
Regarding Graphics card, used GTX460 with 1 GB is suggested by some members. Let me see....

Back