Graphic Cards Graphics Card suggestion

kniwor

Adept
I need to order a Cheap PCI-Express card for a PC that currently has a faulty 8600GT that needs to be replaced. I have not even the slightest idea what is good these days, can someone give me a link to something reasonable?
Thanks.

You're question is unclear, No budget, No Config of your computer, No PSU. Its like you're going to buy a bike without budget & not decided its make n model.

Mention your budget and your native gaming resolution so that members can give an appropriate answer.
I need to order a Cheap PCI-Express card for a PC that currently has a faulty 8600GT that needs to be replaced. I have not even the slightest idea what is good these days, can someone give me a link to something reasonable?
Thanks.

It is not a gaming machine; I need something that can smoothly play HD movies. The card that was installed earlier was 8600GT and something similar will do the job. I don't have physical access to the machine so I can't open and check the PSU, but there was never a problem powering the 8600GT

ATI 6750/6770
or 5450(if you can find them) will also do the job.

search around the forum. few are selling their 9800gt and such cards. use them to replace your 8600gt. cheapest and best option

It is not a gaming machine; I need something that can smoothly play HD movies. The card that was installed earlier was 8600GT and something similar will do the job. I don't have physical access to the machine so I can't open and check the PSU, but there was never a problem powering the 8600GT

Go for the AMD HD 7750 GHz edition ~6800/-. Should be enough to take care of your gaming demands as well as decode HD content seamlessly; advantages of going for this card are --
  • new 28nm fabrication, so lower power consumption and concurrent waste heat dissipation;
  • new Graphics Core Next architecture, so you are capable of running GPGPU tasks on this card efficiently;
  • enough horsepower to power most current generation titles @full HD + medium eye-candy.

It is available for decent prices from SMC International in this deal thread.

If you have a tight budget, then go for the AMD HD 6670 ~4900/-.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Back