GRE or GMAT/CAT? Really confused

Seriously, go to Edulix first. Register and be amazed. For all MBA (and other) queries, go to Pagalguy. You will not need to ask another question on TE again :)
The second website seems to be just for Indian students with ambitions of Indian colleges. Except for IIM-A, most Tier 1 schools abroad can slaughter any Indian B school, left right and centre.

The second website seems to be just for Indian students with ambitions of Indian colleges. Except for IIM-A, most Tier 1 schools abroad can slaughter any Indian B school, left right and centre.

IMO IIM - A, B and C hold their own. Also, you forgot ISB.

There is 2 huge sections on GMAT which I found invaluable during my 4 month "investigation/research" -

9pwx.jpg

EDIT: Oh my God! Why have they butchered the site?! It was so easy to read and pleasing on the eyes last time I visited (in 2011). Why have they made it into a demon spawn of FB?!

ISB has gone down the drain since last year. They made an idiotic move of accepting 720 candidates leading to a free fall in the rankings.

IIMs rely too much on theory than real life stuff. And you can't really create much of a network here, because of the Indian mentality of undermining everyone.

I feel by going abroad you get a chance of creating a vastly superior network with people from numerous nationalities and background, something that Indian schools have yet to even do.

Moreover their course structure and teaching method is quite different and inline with current ongoing in the world.

ISB has gone down the drain since last year. They made an idiotic move of accepting 720 candidates leading to a free fall in the rankings.

IIMs rely too much on theory than real life stuff. And you can't really create much of a network here, because of the Indian mentality of undermining everyone.

I feel by going abroad you get a chance of creating a vastly superior network with people from numerous nationalities and background, something that Indian schools have yet to even do.

Moreover their course structure and teaching method is quite different and inline with current ongoing in the world.

I FEEL that way too buddy

I am not familiar with ISB but I feel that an MBA's value is perceptive. School's brand name, network connections, perceptive value in the market etc. IIMs have a solid perceptive value in India. It's as simple as the fact that if you are from an IIM, you will have people in top positions (CEOs, CFOs , GMs etc) in most companies are your alumni. You can't get a better network than that.

I've seen the benefits passing on to kids too. One of my friend's friend had 5 options right out of college because his dad's network had 3-4 people as top HRs in Indian MNCs. His resume was already inside the system, he just had to go and give interviews. :p

Though on a global scale, probably not as vast as you would get from an MBA in a top 20 school abroad.

^
I agree with that. From an Indian perspective, i.e., if one wants to do an MBA and stay in India IIM or ISB is the way to go, unless looking for a entrepreneurial course.

From a global perspective, the schools abroad are quite different and better

Guys. Could you direct me to a page which holds rankings of the best colleges for MS in Germany? Details like fees, Europe and World Ranking, courses offered, etc. is what I'm looking for.

Guys. Could you direct me to a page which holds rankings of the best colleges for MS in Germany? Details like fees, Europe and World Ranking, courses offered, etc. is what I'm looking for.
www.daad.de/en [Germany specific]
www.mastersportal.eu [European Masters portal]

Also, you can search Erasmus Mundus programmes. The EM scholarship is a great way to have good quality international education absolutely free. Of course scholarships are tough to get. I have received EM scholarship for one such programme. And I get to spend each semester in a different European country (Spain, Italy and UK in my case)

Back