Laptops Great prices on Macbooks (and other stuff) from Apple India on Student discounts

Anish

Skilled
Okay, I doubt this was there earlier, but just got a mail with this FAB pricing!

Amazing stuff, its only for students, but you can well, find somebody who can buy it for you :p

Edit : Linky!

Mac For Students

Amazing discounts there, good find.

43.8k for a 2.1Ghz MacBook is definitely worth a deal.

EDIT: Is the price Inclusive of taxes?

Got the same e-mail yesterday but forgot to post it here. But i dont think this deal is worth it, apple is just trying to 'chipkao' their old stock to make room for the centrino 2 chipset, hence such a lame offer. Makes sense to get a msi wind and install osx on it :rofl: :p.

^ True.. but there will be discounts after Centrino 2 as well, student discount is through the year not for select time periods, this is clearance sales lol!

Anish said:
^ True.. but there will be discounts after Centrino 2 as well, student discount is through the year not for select time periods, this is clearance sales lol!

yeah.. worldwide student disc's run thru out ta year.. bt wit india u neva know.. an on reading the ad.. im sure its jus 2 gt rid of old stock cause it has a valid till date.. neva seen tat in other apple ads.

jus my 2 cents of understanding.

The Alchemist said:
Amazing discounts there, good find.

43.8k for a 2.1Ghz MacBook is definitely worth a deal.

EDIT: Is the price Inclusive of taxes?

Check rest of the stuff only 1 Gb ram and 120 Gigs of HDD> while DELL provide 3 Gb ram and 250 Gb HDD and other goodies @ 35k :p

I will vouch for dell any day :p

Check rest of the stuff only 1 Gb ram and 120 Gigs of HDD> while DELL provide 3 Gb ram and 250 Gb HDD and other goodies @ 35k

I will vouch for dell any day

That's your choice dude.:)

But you can't compare Apples to Oranges.:p

And coming to the point ;a Mac runs on OS X which is way better than a Dell running on Windows.

Infact 1GB RAM is good enough for a MAC to run flawlessly.:D

Dark Star said:
Check rest of the stuff only 1 Gb ram and 120 Gigs of HDD> while DELL provide 3 Gb ram and 250 Gb HDD and other goodies @ 35k :p

Mate.. OSX runs smoother on 1GB than Windows on 3GB ;)

And that OSX concept is different, you have to experience it and appreciate it to get the point. For regular day to day use, Windows / Linux is more than enough, but when it comes to productivity on specific apps (Mostly AV), OSX kills everything by miles.

Dark Star said:

You wouldn't bother comparing specs if you had worked on the Mac OS. I can say this however: you will be completely jobless if you switched to Mac. I mean you wouldn't have the opportunity to spend days and weekends recovering lost files, partitions, drives etc. so it's best you stick to Linux :p

Hey u guys are rite.. i dont know much bout laptops and configs :hap5: but my dad bout me a macbook last week and he apparently asked me for my college id card... they do have some good discounts and the mac os is great! takes little time to get used to im proud of my laptop and would recomend it to all of you :rofl: you can check Apple (India) - Students u should be able to find a dealer closeby all the best

NOT VFM re.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

2GB DDR2 Memory

120GB hard drive

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

Standard keyboard

White polycarbonate shell

Rs.53,190 + tax

Thats a really nice Notebook/Mac but it isnt pure VFM. Features/Config is pretty sad for a 55k laptop.

In fact, didn't they just bump up the specs on white MacBook??

2.13GHz processor instead of 2.0GHz earlier,

800MHz DDR2 RAM instead of 667MHz earlier and...

160GB HDD instead of 120GB earlier.

It's a mild bump in specs, but still makes it a little more value buy @ $999 price point. :)

sato1986 said:
NOT VFM re.

Thats a really nice Notebook/Mac but it isnt pure VFM. Features/Config is pretty sad for a 55k laptop.

It IS VFM in the Apple range and also in general when you consider conveniences of Mac OS over Windows XP, etc. as "value". Spec-wise weighing of Apple vs. rest is not the right comparison to compute "value". Apple products tend to put you ahead of the rest generation even if the fact sheet is comparatively behind. And gladly this is a priority subject for them.

P.S.: I'm not a fanboi. I'm talking about VFM from the opinion my Macs have built in me.

Back