Grey market in Mumbai

Ragin_Ice said:
Heera Panna --- Haji Ali
Alfa --- Vile Parle
Alfa --- Vashi Sector 17

Thanks for prompt reply.
Which one has better/larger availability of products ? Location of Alfa vashi ?

Even Manish Market at Masjid

Vashi Sector 17 is enough to find the location the Vashi has sectors marked out with boards and ask around a little and it will be easier to find.

ranjitpai said:
Even Manish Market in Dadar.

Vashi Sector 17 is enough to find the location the Vashi has sectors marked out with boards and ask around a little and it will be easier to find.
manish market in dadar?:S

Alfa vashi is not affiliated to the vile parle one, probably they are cashing in on the name. Besides, Alfa Vashi is not a market area, or a chain of stores, but a single large store. There are other grey market stores in sec-17 vashi too. Alfa is right next to Mc Donalds at Sec-17.

There's Manish Market, but I don't find it reliable. Heera Panna is a shopping area and is little more high profile. Alfa, Vile Parle is the nerve center of the suburbs and is jam packed on weekends.

Every one including shopkeepers in heera panna and alfa in vile parle, source their items from distributors having small hard to find shops in and around crawford market area. I found one such shop that deal only in camera at ashoka shopping centre near police headquarters. These shops normally don't entertain retail customers but a little persuasion often works. There is one more shop in the same complex that deals only in Ogeneral AC's. I've herad that Indraprastha market at Borivali is also a good Grey market. Stay away from cheats of Manish market.

ALFA at vile parle(dont know the cost)
Heera panna & Manish (Heera panna sells the same product at high cost then manish market)
Musafir Khanna (also at masjid) (cheaper than HP and manish market)

Buy only proper products for i mean to say IPOD,console etc and Not their accesories(storage,batteries,chargers,controllers,cables)etc cause most of the shops in HP ,manish and musafir kanna have duplicate accesories(dont know about alfa) :hap2:

Alfa never sells duplicate stuffs, also they import most of the stuffs themselves. I have been buying all electronic items , eg a/c , Washing machine, fax , cell, consoles, etc etc from them for last 9-10 yrs atleast and never had even single problem so far.

Indraprasth in Borivali is not entirely grey but you do get stuff like modded consoles etc there. Alfa is the best bet for grey stuff. I too do not trust Manish Market much so suggest stay away from them.

There was a time when Alfa used to list two prices for mobile phones, one grey and one retail. I suppose that is not the case now.

Back