Group Buy - Earphones/Headphones/Soundcards @ Jaben, Singapore

stalker

Skilled
Its finally here. The long awaited Group Buy of stuff from Jaben Network, brought to you by sTALKEr and nukeu666.

A little bit of background for those interested :)

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Jaben Network in Singapore is simply one of the best places to audition and buy headphones, earphones.[/FONT][/FONT]
- Source, Jaben Network

About Jaben

Jaben is a store in Singapore.

Jaben is in The Adelphi mall, next to the Supreme Court near the City Hall station.

Jaben sells lots of headphones.

There are 2 strange blokes and hundreds of teddy bears in Jaben.
- Source, About Jaben « Jaben Blog

For those who havent noticed the Interest Check Thread yet,

Jaben is one of the best destinations for an audiophile, be it a noob who's just starting to appreciate what good audio hardware really is, to a hardcore audiophile. Jaben has something for everyone.

Items Available

SENNHEISER

Sennheiser HD650
- S$550 = Rs 15950/-

Sennheiser HD600 - S$495 = Rs 14355/-

Sennheiser HD280 Pro - S$208 = Rs 6032/-

Sennheiser HD555 - S$184 = Rs 5336/-

Sennheiser HD485 - S$135 = Rs 3915/-

Sennheiser HD202 - S$50 = Rs 1450/-

Sennheiser HD201 - S$36 = Rs 1044/-

AKG

AKG 701 - S$603 = Rs 17487/-
FAQ

The organizers of this Group Buy are not to be held responsible for any loss or damage to products once the order has been placed with Jaben Network.

1. Shipping & Pricing Information

The products will be shipped directly by Jaben to the customer. The prices as quoted above are inclusive of shipping. The prices above have been calculated on the basis of Sg $1 = Rs 29. Do not post back here saying that the rate on xe.com is different etc. The rates have been calculated keeping in mind CC Company exchange rates.

It is the end recipients responsibility to handle customs. Jaben will be doing us a big favor by directly shipping the packages to those who order the goods. But, I REPEAT, all responsibility of handling Customs is of the END RECIPIENT.

2. How will warranty be handled?

All products come with their respective manufacturers warranties. The product owner will have the ship his product back to Jaben in Singapore for any Warranty claims.

3. What are the Payment Options?

PM to sTALKEr for payment details.

4. What is the ETA for this order?

Will be updated once this GB gathers steam :)

5. How do i order?

Its simple, all you have to do is post on this thread with the item you desire to order and the quantity for the same. Follow that up with a pm to me with the same details. I will pm you with the payment details.

6. What is the last date for me to place my order by?

Place your orders by the 11th of October 23:59:59.

Any requests to be added to the list after the last date will not be entertained.

The organizers of this GO have their own lives to lead :). Please dont keep posting back here asking for updates. Updates will be posted here as and when they become available. We know you will be very eager to lay your hands on the items, but please keep your enthusiasm under check :)

A list of orders will soon be uploaded here, do keep track :)

sTALKEr thank's a lot for Initiating this go. count me in for the HD202.

Can any point towards a comparison between the HD202 and Phillips HP805.

Shekhar said:
sTALKEr thank's a lot for Initiating this go. count me in for the HD202.

Can any point towards a comparison between the HD202 and Phillips HP805.

do not buy the HD202 as it is crappy

see reviews of it on the internet to know why i say that :)

a much better buy is the HD201 :D

^ Says who? I don't recall seeing any reviews saying the HD202 is crappy :S. In fact its really good value for the price.

The HD201 is also supposed to have pretty good sound for the price, BUT i have seen quite a few reviews saying it has lower sensitivity which means it wont sound as good or play loud enough without a proper amp.

From all the reviews I've read, its clear that -

1. HD202 is supra-aural, has enhanced (bloated, according to some) bass and provides relatively better isolation.
2. HD201 is circum-aural, has tighter (none, according to some) bass but is harder to drive.

which basically means HD201 will have lower volume levels but should be good enough for proper listening without an amp. The type or amount of bass is a matter of personal preference and can be easily corrected by using an equalizer. HD201 are newer in comparison to HD202 and are said to be better overall but all that depends on your taste of music. To me, both are good as I've heard none and still wondering which one to get. :p

@everyone..

take ur time and make ur choice and place ur orders.. on the basis of some suggestions i recieved on the other forums, im trying to figure out whether a more convenient payment mechanism can be put in place which would allow the buyer to directly pay Jaben.

Will update when i have some info on that.

sTALKEr said:
@everyone..
take ur time and make ur choice and place ur orders.. on the basis of some suggestions i recieved on the other forums, im trying to figure out whether a more convenient payment mechanism can be put in place which would allow the buyer to directly pay Jaben.
Will update when i have some info on that.

:ashamed: think i ll hv to renew my card...i didnt recive it at my place and it got canclled(think so):(

ApeX said:
From all the reviews I've read, its clear that -

1. HD202 is supra-aural, has enhanced (bloated, according to some) bass and provides relatively better isolation.
2. HD201 is circum-aural, has tighter (none, according to some) bass but is harder to drive.

which basically means HD201 will have lower volume levels but should be good enough for proper listening without an amp. The type or amount of bass is a matter of personal preference and can be easily corrected by using an equalizer. HD201 are newer in comparison to HD202 and are said to be better overall but all that depends on your taste of music. To me, both are good as I've heard none and still wondering which one to get. :p

+1 for the 202 .. I got myself one from the U.S of A early this year for 20$ :eek:hyeah: and am very happy with the performance so far.

Though it is not in the league of the biggies, it stands it's own ground when it comes to clarity and bass reproduction (at the price:p ). I cannot say whether they are better or the 201 is, but they are certainly not crappy...:no:

But the thing which I found missing was volume control. Sometimes, a pain when listening to mp3s and can cause you to suddenly jump when a particularly "loud" song starts playing. :bleh: But, whoever buys this, make sure you listen to some Lounge and trance tracks on this... outta this world.. :angel: & :jumpy:

Nikhil said:
What abt undervaluing the products ??

the point is...supposing that the items gets into customs even after all precautions ('undevaluein' is a taboo word:bleh: ), the buyer will have to pay for it........

Back