Group order for this?

I am unable to open the link you have given... Whats the price??

It was mentioned somewhere that it shouldn't be pointed towards an aircraft. So I am quite sure that its use must be legally restricted.

That laser costs $999... I think that is a steap price to pay for a laser that you cant use as a pointer also...

I will get that if It can be used to cut things (light metal inclusive).... Just imagine the kind of mod that we can do on our cabinets using that laser :eek:hyeah:

The S3 Krypton is too powerful to be used as a laser pointer or a gunsight. Never point it at another person, an animal or a vehicle.

So, what else should this be used for?

Gizmodo says: :p

Like the other Wicked Lasers, this thing is completely, paradoxically useless. According to its own safety manual, you can't do anything with it. You can't use it for presentations, lest you blind everyone in the room with you. You're not supposed to look at the beam, or the dot, or any reflected light from either. You're not supposed to shoot it at stars, or planets, or use it as a gun sight. You definitely aren't supposed to shoot it at your friends or cat. What are you supposed to use it for? I don't know. Wicked Lasers doesn't say. I can only fathom uses that result in blindness, pain, arrest, or at the very least, high risk of one. It's also—god christ—one thousand dollars.

Laser pointer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

around 10 secs is enough to cause permanent blindness.

The output of laser pointers available to the general public is limited (and varies by country) in order to prevent accidental damage to the retina of human eyes. Doctors have reported several cases of permanent eye injury from higher-power hand-held devices sold as laser pointers. In the U.K., doctors recommended against laser pointers more powerful than 1 mW.[19][20] In the U.S., regulatory authorities allow lasers up to 5 mW. Swiss doctors reported a case of a boy who bought a 150 mW laser, sold as a "laser pointer," which left him temporarily blind in one eye, and with 20/50 vision in the other eye, after he shone it in a mirror. The boy's vision eventually returned to near-normal. The doctors said that any laser powerful enough to burn holes in paper, light matches or pop balloons are dangerous and could cause immediate blindness. Laser pointers as powerful as 2,000 mW can be bought on the Internet which are indistinguishable from a low-power device.[21][22]

Recent studies show that the risk to the human eye from accidental exposure to light from commercially available class IIIa laser pointers having powers up to 5 mW seems rather small; however, prolonged viewing, such as deliberate staring into the beam for 10 or more seconds, can cause damage.[23][24][25][26]

The UK Health Protection Agency warns against the high-power (over 1 milliwatt) typically green laser pointers available over the Internet, with laser beam powers up to a few hundred milliwatts, since they are "extremely dangerous and not suitable for sale to the public."[27]

these guys are selling 300mW, 500mW and 1000mW lasers. I guess a person or animal will go blind in under a second.

^ Somewhat my point exactly....

It can be only used for blinding people nothing else or something that will put me behind bars...

If at all it was possible to cut bread or any light metal I will get it without a second thought.... But sadly I dont think it can do that....

Back