Gta 4 eflc

jesal

Adept
i have shifted to ps3 gaming now so i do have one query exactly.

i have a 32 inch full hd lg tv
a ps3 250 gig
hdmi cable from samsung 1080pk dvd player

when i start the ps3 and the tv displays that it is in 1080 mode but when i start my gta game it goes in 720 mode ? what is happening here. i know the cable is not the best in the world i have ordered one as we speak but can this be a cable fault at all. earlier too when i hooked my ps3 to my 42 inch tv the cable could not take the load while my friends 600 bux cable it worked flawless. GTA is a 1080p game right !

can to test the 24 FULL hd OR ANY HD MONITOR and tried test with 1080 p movie and how to feel the quality different between monitor and lcd tv

Yep. It isn't a 1080p native one. As said above, Those figures just indicate that it can be upscaled. If u just google it, you can see a lot of posts regarding the same problem. BTW, I had seen a few members in gamespot saying that the ps3 version is a 6XXp native one where as 360 version is 720p.

ok then how to upscale these games i cannot find a option. let me know. i thought when the box means 1080 it is full hd. are all games like this. only gt5 is full hd it seems

jesal said:
ok then how to upscale these games i cannot find a option. let me know. i thought when the box means 1080 it is full hd. are all games like this. only gt5 is full hd it seems

Upscaling is so overrated, especially when it comes to games. In some cases it may actually look worse.

If you have a 1080p native resolution TV, it has 1920x1080 pixels. All those pixels get used regardless if the source is 720p or 1080p. With a 720p source, the TV will probably interpolate the values from the 720p source to create the extra pixel values, which is a form of upscaling.

More sophisticated upscaling involves sharpening the picture as well. Maybe if you look closely at you TV screen when a 720p source is playing, you can tell what is happening.

jesal said:
There are some rare games which actually are native 1080p in resolution. The rest of them just start upscaling the game when you choose 1080p in your console's display settings menu. Upscaling hardly would have a major difference for a non-native game. So placing it on 1080p or 720p won't make a major difference.

If you're on the PC, then you'll instantly notice the difference between 720p and 1080p for this game. Having played the 360 version @1080p (upscaled) and on the PC @1080p native, I can easily say PC version is the best. So on the console you won't really see much of a visual improvement. But if you still like to upscale, then go to your display settings tab on the XMB and in video setup, select HDMI and untick the 720p and 1080i option. Keep only the 1080p box checked and this should force all games to upscale in 1080p.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Upscaling is so overrated, especially when it comes to games. In some cases it may actually look worse.

If you have a 1080p native resolution TV, it has 1920x1080 pixels. All those pixels get used regardless if the source is 720p or 1080p. With a 720p source, the TV will probably interpolate the values from the 720p source to create the extra pixel values, which is a form of upscaling.

More sophisticated upscaling involves sharpening the picture as well. Maybe if you look closely at you TV screen when a 720p source is playing, you can tell what is happening.

One look at your post and I knew you had [Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V]'ed from elsewhere. :cool2:

Is it even possible for the PS3 to upscale games to 1080p? - High-Def Digest Forums

vercetti4x6 said:
Yep. It isn't a 1080p native one. As said above, Those figures just indicate that it can be upscaled. If u just google it, you can see a lot of posts regarding the same problem. BTW, I had seen a few members in gamespot saying that the ps3 version is a 6XXp native one where as 360 version is 720p.

Resolution on PS3 version is 640p.

Check native resolution in the following wikipedia link.

Grand Theft Auto IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/99500-13-gta4-frame-rate-resolution

Back