GTA IV help

gitesh_333

Disciple
hello guys,
wanted a little help from you guys,
whenever i play GTA IV or episodes from liberty city,
after max. 10 mins of gameplay my pc restarts?
i have downloaded all the latest patch, drivers etc and i hav also tried running the game in lower graphics than suggested by the gameitself.

what could be the prob.?
n what should i b doing to run the game effortlessly?
thnks!

my pc config:-
processor:- i7 920
RAM:- 6GB
windows:- windows 7 64 bit
GPU:- ATI RADEON 5850

What PSU are you using? I mean the SMPS. I have a very similar configuration, and I played GTA 4 and EFLC comfortably. You could also monitor the GPU and CPU temperatures to check if they are getting too hot.

Yes please check the Temps...as especially the GPU temps....

i had a faulty GPU [was nVidia, dont know about ATI]...The display used to go off for 1-2 mins after every 5-10 mins of gameplay mins.

Try other games which are not that heavy for the GPU and check whether the same thing happens....constantly monitor the temps.

U can use CPUID HardWare Monitor to check the temps.

That i guess depends on the card...

I had GTX560Ti Hawk and it crossed 100 degrees [Threshold] and so caused display problems while gaming, I could play lighter games though.

If your card is overheating...u can get it RMA'ed.

Im encountering the same problem as well. But my maximum time played in a stretch was 2 hrs and 57 mins. My pc produces a kind of a sound, if it is over heating and it gets restarted in 30 secs. I have a core 2 duo E7500 at 2.93Hz and nvidia 9500 gt @ 1gb. Can you guys please tell me or give me the link on what software to download ? Thanks in advance.

I use CoreTemp for CPU temperatures, and my ATI Catalyst Center for GPU temps. You might also want to check if the thermal paste of the CPU has gone dry, or something is blocking the airflow in your cabinet.

are these readings fine after 20,25 mins of gameplay @ the recommended settings..
minimum maximum
core#0 77(170 F) 98 (208F)
core#1 77 98
core#2 75 96
core#3 76 96
GPU core 64 (146F) 80 (185 F)

gitesh_333 said:
are these readings fine after 20,25 mins of gameplay @ the recommended settings..

minimum maximum

core#0 77(170 F) 98 (208F)

core#1 77 98

core#2 75 96

core#3 76 96

GPU core 64 (146F) 80 (185 F)

Your processor is overheating. It's heat sink hasn't been placed properly or there is something wrong with the fan. The GPU temperature is a little high too. Mine idles at 30 and goes uptill 65-70.

baccilus said:
Your processor is overheating. It's heat sink hasn't been placed properly or there is something wrong with the fan. The GPU temperature is a little high too. Mine idles at 30 and goes uptill 65-70.

solution for the cooling of heatsink and GPU...??

thnks...

gitesh_333 said:
solution for the cooling of heatsink and GPU...??

thnks...

First try to cure the CPU. You will have to open up the Cabinet for that. You may then follow this video for the rest:

And do get a decent thermal paste before you start with this.

Back