GTA IV - PC or PS3

akarsh said:
ha :rofl:

i have i7 920 with 6gd ddr3 ram 1gd gtx285

still its creap:mad:

BS, nonsensical bashing this

I was able to play it butter smooth on my rig at high settings with all effects enabled on 1440 res

No creeping, no crashes, no bugs whatsoever, and it looks absolutely gorgeous

some people need to learn the art of tweaking

i have seen the x360 visuals of the game and looks sh1t compared to the PC one

damn said:
Not sure about you people, GTA is one of those games that is an experience, its merit was never graphics. Sure its demotivating to play on consoles with lesser detail than a mid range PC, but that does not make the game unplayable, I haven't had any frame rate loss in GTA IV on PS3. Some of you are fortunate enough to own both, a decent PC and a console, it would make more sense for you people to get the PC version, seeing as how it costs less and looks better.

I wouldn't wanna miss out on a game that scored 9/10 in most reviews and got GOTY, I'd imagine its the same with the topic starter. Get the PS3 version dude. ;]

Have you played the PS3 version of GTA4 ? It is unplayable on PS3 (at least for me). I could not even keep my eyes focused on the game properly because of the blurry graphics resulting from ultra poor textures and then up scaling from 630p coupled with inconsistent frame rates and whatever the case, my eyes were getting strained in about an hour with the game. Something that never happened to me with any other game I manged to complete Rogue Warrior start to end and 18 chapters of Uncharted 2 in a single stretch of gaming.
I never understand how people even managed to complete GTA4 on consoles.

From my perspective GTA4 PS3 is not worth spending a rupee on. Either get the PC version or do not get it at all. At the worst temp trade the game with someone, play it and be done with it.

akarsh said:
ha

i have i7 920 with 6gd ddr3 ram 1gd gtx285

still its creap

Well there is something seriously wrong with you rig then. If I remember right, my rig averages at 200+ FPS with the inbuilt benchmark. I could not max out the texture quality because my cards have only 512Mb memory each, but pretty much everything else is maxed out and there is a tonne better than the PS3 version.

First i would like to say i know this is the wrong section to be asking this but. When i first learned how to burn DVDs you guys were the smarts; you had it down to a science.

I found this link : burn ps3 games(*_*)(*_*)how to burn ps3 games

proving it is possible to burn full playstation 3 games to a DVD still in full P.

But it doesn't show how to burn it and what program to use. Second I know hem was downloading the games i know that is illegal i just want to be able to back up my games just in case.

So i ask you guys do you know how to burn PS3 games and what programs do you use and what process do you use.

Thanks

Reading this whole thread...I am wondering..

1. Why initially people recommended PS3 version.

2. Why the people of (1) were not aware that it looks not that nice on PS3.

3. Why is it bad on PS3 -- was it not an original PS3 ---> then ported for M$.

4. Why they heck does not the M$ version realize the GPU.

asingh said:

Actually all three versions of the game have their own problems.

360 and PS3 versions are simply limited by the hardware. 360 version is bad in some aspects and PS3 in some others. Choosing between the 360 and PS3 version is mostly dependent on which console you have, if you have both, then choosing between them is like choosing where you want to die by hanging or by a bullet through your head.

The PC version looks great compared to the console versions, but you need a powerful processor and also some people have been facing stability issues with the game.

Console versions are a blurry and lack the details that the PC version offers but looking at your config I doubt you'll be able to max out the PC version and you'll probably end up struggling with the graphical settings. I'd recommend you the PS3 version. I've played both PC and PS3 versions of the game and believe me, even though the PS3 version doesn't match up to the PC version in graphical department but it is much more fun with the controller on the console.

asingh said:
Reading this whole thread...I am wondering..

It's not Sony or Microsoft who screwed up the game, it's Rockstar who didn't optimised the game properly, similar to Bully's port (Rockstar New England). It's a great effort, but still has a lot of aspects to work on.

Back