GTA IV Run Toggle Question

Well, this might be probably late in the day for a GTA IV question, but since I'm playing it again, I thought I might as well ask it. GTA IV (PC) has an option for running to be by 'holding' the key or making it a 'toggle' control.

When I select toggle, Niko starts running at maniac, uncontrollable speed and when I use the 'hold' option my finger starts to hurt all the while I'm keeping the button pressed (almost always) but his running speed is just fine. His speed in 'toggle' mode is same as when I press the run key repeatedly in 'hold' mode.

Now is my installation acting up or something? Is there a way that running is made 'toggle' but the speed is same as 'hold'? Is it a bug or is this the way it was meant to be?

hmm never really encountered this. But, I'd suggest you remap the hold key to some other key which would be comfortable with holding for long. Something close to 'W' or if you have extra buttons on your mouse maybe you can use that.

But, dont much idea on the toggle issue you mentioned. Did some search and found this:
This is the funniest thing! If I bind it to shift and put it "Always Sprint -> Toggle", Shift makes him sprint and if I press it again, it makes him walk. If I bind it to shift and put "Always Sprint -> Hold", pressing Shift makes him sprint again, but not run.

If I use Tab instead of Shift, and use "Always Sprint -> Hold", then he walks without tab, runs with Tab, and sprints when I tap tab continuously!

This is absolutely frustrating!
Looks silly, but try it. :)

Back